Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: problem

sina_ahmari wrote:

how about wipe and delet all content and than restore,is it possible?i wipe my device and than restore it,from:setting security,security wipe...is it possible?

Sure, that is possible.

You will still get notifications to upgrade.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sina_ahmari
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: china mobile

Re: problem

today i'll try,i hope pb gets better :smileyvery-happy: its3monthes i cant use my PB :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
malie1
My Device: Torch 9800, PB 16G
My Carrier: Att

Re: Update 2.1.0.1088 is released

I am so happy I didn't upgrade. I have so much data and contact info I am scared to try any upgrades. And as for backing up my files, 1. I can't see them in my desktop software. 2. As much as I like my BB phone I am so disapointed in the PB and RIM's lack of response in fixing the problems. Guess I will just use the OS I have and ignore the prompts to update
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

[ Edited ]

malie1 wrote:
I am so happy I didn't upgrade. I have so much data and contact info I am scared to try any upgrades. And as for backing up my files, 1. I can't see them in my desktop software. 2. As much as I like my BB phone I am so disappointed in the PB and RIM's lack of response in fixing the problems. Guess I will just use the OS I have and ignore the prompts to update

OK - here is the drill.

1. There are thousands of us who have upgraded with little or no problems.

2. The loss of 'native' - info not backed up somewhere - was a troubling experience.  Now with 2.1.0.1088 it was solved.  May I say faster than one would expect from a company literally fighting for it's life. For those of you who are not in this crazy business of digital technology: you just can't drop everything to fix a thing you messed up. In the big hurry you may mess up other things. I don't care how modular the software is. All components are, one way or another, interlinked. Any change to an operating system requires through testing. This takes time, lots of time. Time RIM right now does not have.  So again, the fix came in a few weeks and it works, without making a bigger mess. I tested backup and restore with 1088. I got everything back, including native calendar and contact entries and even off line maps.

3. Now that you know this you might want to reconsider updating. Still, back up your staff beforehand. Use BlackBerry Desktop or simply copy and paste. As en example I use Password Wallet.  I backed up the database it created, using copy and paste to the BlackBerry folder on my PC. So I could recommend it to my PB. Note that with 1088 there is no need to do this The info will be restored. 

Said my piece 

Please use plain text.
run42k
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Thanks for your help.  The instructions were very clear and easy to follow.

Unfortunately, the problem isn't actually with the os update - I contacted RIM b/c the problem persisted after the debrick.  It seems to be a probmlem with the camera which requires repair, so my PB is with RIM right now, being repaired under warranty.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

[ Edited ]

malie1 wrote:
I am so happy I didn't upgrade. I have so much data and contact info I am scared to try any upgrades. And as for backing up my files, 1. I can't see them in my desktop software. 2. As much as I like my BB phone I am so disapointed in the PB and RIM's lack of response in fixing the problems. Guess I will just use the OS I have and ignore the prompts to update

I don't understand why you use a small fragile handheld device to be primary store of vital data. What happens if you drop it or lose it? 

All promary data should be stored on a proper computer with backup regime. Windows and Mac provide backup programs.  All contacts should be primarily in something like Hotmail which can be exported to a file occasionally. The data in Playbook should be pulled from a primary store,  and not be the primary store itself. Any data added to the handheld should be transferred to the main computer weekly.  Same goes for phones. 

Start moving data somewhere safe now using file sharing if you want my advice.

________
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
malie1

I'm not stupid i keep all my work on my computer, just saying that i am afraid to upgrade because frankly there seems to be to many unresolved issues. I travel every week for my job and the PB beats the crrap out of toteing a laptop, and i dont have to take it out of my bag going through security. That is why i don't want to lose my contact and data
Please use plain text.
JSanders

malie1 wrote:
 just saying that i am afraid to upgrade because frankly there seems to be to many unresolved issues.

No one said you're stupid.

Please, what are the unresolved issues?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
malie1

I was replying to troy
Please use plain text.
JSanders

malie1 wrote:
I was replying to troy

And I was replying to you.

Troy didn't say you were stupid.

Don't depend on a single device to store vital, precious or irreplaceable files or data. Backup your PB to your PC. Back up your smartphone to a PC. Back up your PC to the cloud or another portable hard drive.

So, what are the issues you see with this upgrade?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.