Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
czhy6618
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: china mobile

Update 2.1.0.1314 is released

Update 2.1.0.1314 is released

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Update 2.1.0.1314 is released

[ Edited ]

I just got the notification, updating.

Size is 37mb. From what I've read, there will likely be no noticeable feature changes with this update, as it includes mostly "under the hood" updates such as support for Flash v10.3n and to Adobe AIR to support developers.

If you're not notified, on your PlayBook, go to Options/Settings gear icon at the top right > Software Updates and check for any updates.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

sweet, backing up now

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TallNFunny
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Looking forward to hearing some feedback on any improvements (or setbacks) prior to updating. I am still sore from losing fuctionality and information in the calendar in a previous update.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
style1975
My Carrier: rim

man,you know i get now...

Iverson/Eminem/JJlin/C·Ronaldo/ManUnited/Blackberry/Bleach/One Piece/Twitter/Facebook/Plurk/点点/艾弗森吧/豆瓣/饭否/4sq/开开/街旁/凸.凸
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

[ Edited ]

My update went smoothly on both of my PlayBooks. The install phase took awhile, but one must learn to be patient.

No data lost what I can see so far. It seems that a Calendar bug, relating to weekly setting of the default display was fixed.  At least I can't reproduce it any longer. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

Downloaded and installed 2.1.0.1314, rebooted, disabled and reneabled email account.  Still have same issue with red x when sending emails in microsoft exchange active sycn.

No noticeable changes yet for me in this update.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Same kernel 5.6.0.41945 so should not be much change functionally.

Took no time at all to download but waited a good 5 minutes before installing then crept along very slowly. 15 minutes in all approx.

My Carrier: n-a

Darn. I was just going to finally get around to backing up and doing the last update. Do I need to do anything special now if I'm an update behind?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

I just got the notification, updating.

Size is 37mb. From what I've read, there will likely be no noticeable feature changes with this update, as it includes mostly "under the hood" updates such as support for Flash v10.3n and to Adobe AIR to support developers.

If you're not notified, on your PlayBook, go to Options/Settings gear icon at the top right > Software Updates and check for any updates.

This update also fixes the MP4 (MPEG-4) playback problems some people are experiencing, in-app payments and the Text Messages app got an update so that the latest SMS received appears at the top of the conversation list.

I am also seeing reports that a second update may come that is 405 MB. So be prepared for two...Thus far I've only got the 37 MB one and it's taking a long time to install. If I find out more info about the 405'er I'll update my post - it could be that the user who reported that had a previous update that needed to be completed, but I don't know for sure yet. I didn't  get that notification. It could be a simple app update and they were mistaken...

I only got the 37 MB update up here in Alberta, Canada and here are my observations:

1. My browser is a LOT faster. I am not making this up. Sites which took a long time to load FLY now. Try yours out. It's great!
  2. Also Fox.com videos play now. It still gives an error but once you dismiss the error, the video plays fine. Tried it on several videos. That's positive! Previous to this they never worked at all.
  3. CNN.com videos no longer crash for me or hang. They play well. I initially had my Flash turned off but once I clued in and turned it back on, they play much better than they did under 1088.

Oh, you MUST read the update description on the PlayBook  - it's hilarious! I think someone got into the egg nog early...LOL!

"This software release improves igloo strength by adding a base of hockey sticks to the exterior, as well as adding a heard of powerful, angry, yet playful beavers to protect the igloo. Get the Canadian only, igloo software update today at: www.blackberry.com/iglooPowerUp"

If you can, screenshot that screen and post it to this thread for laughs...I was in a hurry or else I would have done it myself. I've found an external image link from BerryReview that shows it though.

http://cdn3.berryreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Igloopowerup.png

Please use plain text.