Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
gumnutninja
My Device: playbook

Re: Update 2.1.0.1314 is released

[ Edited ]

Didn’t notice the number of MB but my update had 80 modules to install. I _had_ missed the prior update so was one update behind.

I did mine with the desktop software. Backed up first then did the update. It said it could take up to an hour so I went away and left it alone. Came back to check on it about 20 minutes later and found two contradictory messages - one saying it was complete, the other saying it had been unsuccessful. Everything seems fine example, though. Emails that hadn't updated all day suddenly poured in and so far so good.

Fingers crossed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrAureliusR
My Device: PlayBook 16gb Wi-Fi only, OS 2.1.0.1314

I've definitely noticed some HUGE bug fixes. Any native app like Browser, Messages, Calendar, etc used to just crash randomly without any warning. Re-opening the app would just make it crash instantly over and over. A hard reset would usually fix it for a day or two and it would start doing it again.

Any installed app from App World or sideloaded Droid apps worked fine though -- so my guess was it was something to do with the way the native apps were handling memory. Since the update to 2.1.0.1314 this has been completely fixed (at least as far as I can tell). Everything seems to be working GREAT - I hope this is a taste of things to come! As others have mentioned browser seems to be working better.

As far as installing, I was on the can reading something when it said "Update Available". I tapped update and it was done, successfully, in about 7-9 mins over WiFi. No issues whatsoever. I'm in Ottawa, Canada FYI (although I doubt server location has anything to do with update success/failure).

-----------------------
PlayBook 16GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
New Developer
hussulinux
My Device: Not Specified

HUGE BUG FIX... IN APP NOW WORKS!!!! EVERYONE SHOULD UPGRADE AT ONCE!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jcameron
My Device: playbook

to update on my earlier post, it works now - i could not get the desktop route to install no matter what, i had to use the wireless route

you might also be interested in the following: i'm a CCNA network engineer (in addition to other training) so naturally i thought maybe it was network related, needless to say after exploring many possibilities it isn't :smileytongue:, although the device opens ssl 443 + port 137/138 windows file sharing and so on, it does not seemingly use any of these when updating via the desktop so i wasted about 3 hours on nothing :/ 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
konstantinos41
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 2.0

Amazing!!! I couldn't believe that a 35mb updatet would make such a differnce. The browser is much faster and a lot more responsive!
Good Job RIM!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sundaraaa
My Device: Storm 2 9550; PlayBook 64GB

I updated through WiFi while charging through travel adapter while the Battery level was around 26%. I did not have any problem during update. After the updated I was prompted for a reboot. I did so.

After the booting, my Blackberry is not charging anymore. It remains at the same battery level (26%) at the time of update. I see the Battery Charging icon, but it is not charging. The software is able to detect Power adapter plug-in and removal.

-Sundar
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

sundaraaa wrote:

After the booting, my Blackberry is not charging anymore. It remains at the same battery level (26%) at the time of update. I see the Battery Charging icon, but it is not charging. The software is able to detect Power adapter plug-in and removal.

Sundar, please try this: while still having the charger connected to the PlayBook, touch the battery icon > Restart and allow the device to reboot  and see if it charges afterward.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Developer
hussulinux
My Device: Not Specified

Try to plug the charger properly. I have the same problem but plugging the charger properly worked.
ALso do not use USB to charge. use a wall socket charger.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sundaraaa
My Device: Storm 2 9550; PlayBook 64GB

I tried Manual reset (Power button OFF and ON), Software reset (using Battery Icon->Reset) many times. The battery remains at same level as long as the power Adapter is connected. If I remove the power adapter, it discharges.

@hussulinux
My Power Adapter is plugged in properly. It fits perfectly, I could even see the Charging Icon.
-Sundar
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

OK, but did you do it as I described, connected to the wall charger?

Do you have access to getting one of the magnetic rapid chargers?

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rapid-Travel-Charger-Playbook/dp/B004XBZ728

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.