Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
dungeon418
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Playbook 16 gig, 32gig, 64gig,

Re: Update 2.1.0.1314 is released

Could also mean that the approach to updates is different in the UK? Could be there is a different way to update. If that's the case we in Canada may be shortchanged? Wish there was more people with 4G LTE Playbooks from Canada and US posting.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

dungeon418 wrote:
@jarviser
dungeon418 wrote:
By the way, The Playbook doesn't come with a Sim, at least mine did not.

We are talking about 4G and 3G+ versions which do.

Ok, good to know.  I was talking about the 4G LTE in North America. Didn't know they had the 4G in UK, All I can find is the 3G+

Interesting they come with the SIMM though. Mine was in a sealed box (in Canada) and there was no SIM in it.

Are the 4G's out in UK then?

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/blackberry-playbook-3g-launches-in-the-uk-110...

Is the kind of unofficial announcement we see. The first 3g playbook was "announced" in uk june 2011 which was speculative nonsense.

Basically no 4G playbooks here, possibly 3G+,  but nobody is going to spend £400 on that when you could have an ipad mini.

My Device: curve 9300

JSanders wrote:

Perhaps it's time you performed the debricking process. Hopefully that'll knock it into charging.

You need to follow these instructions to "debrick" your PlayBook:
1. Do a backup of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7 installed. It can be downloaded from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
2. After the backup is finished, unplug the PlayBook and on the PlayBook press and hold down the power button until the unit forces the device off.
3. With the Desktop Software still open on your computer and the PlayBook powered off, connect the PlayBook to your computer once again.
4. You should see an error screen from Desktop Software popup with the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.
Very quickly choose the Update option.
5. All information will on your PlayBook will be erased and a reload of the Software will commence to install on the PlayBook.
6. Once this is complete your PlayBook will go back through the initial (as if new) setup wizard (entering the BlackBerryID, etc., and then you can perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your personal data from the backup. Applications which you downloaded from AppWorld won't restore, but they can be easily reinstalled using AppWorld > MyWorld section of AppWorld.

hi Jsan, i follow this instruction , i got the problem now to the point when the DM try to reboot  i got this message the desktop loader is unable to connect to the device.  You may need to enter the password on the device. im stock to this since my installation is not complete my device boots  until the blackberry logo then shuts down.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Did you have a password on the device?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
joelimar73

yes in my previouse OS,but i cant input it because it shuts down after it reboots. Im just wondering why , if it refreshes my OS after the DM installation it supposed to delete everything. Right? as if i have a new fress OS.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

Did the Playbook startup when you plugged in the usb?

Did the process take about 1 to 2 hours?

yes it starts up. but until the logo with multi colored bubbles only then shuts down. Im wondering why the DM is asking the password if it is fresh OS install. Yes it take my hours to finish the installing.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
joelimar73

i dont know if this normal but this is what i got when i do cfp info on my device. it says my os version is 2.8.How could that be.... see attached pic.This is after i used DM to reinstall may OS.

bbos2.8.jpg

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

joelimar73 wrote:

yes it starts up. but until the logo with multi colored bubbles only then shuts down. Im wondering why the DM is asking the password if it is fresh OS install. Yes it take my hours to finish the installing.

IF it starts up as soon as you plug in the usb (which is what I specifically asked) then it should and must not. You must press power button til it goes off. You will then get the error message, Retry or Update.

Until you answer the second question, did it take at least an hour, I an not convinced that you have received a fresh OS.

yes it takes me hours to finish the installation. I think theres some flaw with the DM 7 and the latest OS. i got these message after installation and DM is about to reboot the device "The desktop loader is unable to connect to the device. You may need to enter the password on the device"

Please use plain text.