Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
DragonR1
My Device: bb playbook

Re: Update 2.1.0.1314 is released

Anyone else having a battery drain issue since this update my battery seems to die A LOT faster.  even on standby it doesnt seem to last as long.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

DragonR1 wrote:

Anyone else having a battery drain issue since this update my battery seems to die A LOT faster.  even on standby it doesnt seem to last as long.

Some folks had similar problem with the previous release.  Try to do a complete (bootstrap ) restart by holding the Power On/Off button down until the unit shuts down and you get the red LED to come on. If I recall correctly it helped before. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ashute
My Device: Playbook 64gb

I have just bought a playbook to use for work and I was very disappointed with the battery life even with wifi and bluetooth switched off it would drain 70% in a day on standby. After reading the forums, I set calender, contacts and mail to manual and it has now only dropped 14% in 2 days in standby (wifi and bluetooth still off), looks like that has sorted it out. I will try and put the wifi back on and see what happens. Compared to my iPad 3 it is really poor on battery useage. I never even think about battery useage in standby on the iPad and have everything switched to push, and wifi remains on.

Allen.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Same here on my PlayBook. The battery life is so good I never give it second thought.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ranger27
My Device: playbook

' I set calender, contacts and mail to manual'. Can you point to how you do that?
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

ranger27 wrote:
' I set calender, contacts and mail to manual'. Can you point to how you do that?

I would not recommend manual sync. In all cases reported before that post, set up for Push (ie default setting) uses far less battery.

Why are we still holding the 1314 thread as a sticky when 1526 is the latest update?

My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

JSanders wrote:
Same here on my PlayBook. The battery life is so good I never give it second thought.

Same here.  No problem with battery life on either of our PlayBooks. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ashute
My Device: Playbook 64gb

Hi 

Just go into settings at top of screen the cog, go ionto accounts and open up your emailscroll down the settings and you will synch interval you can set this to manual. This is the only setting I changed and it did dramatically improve the battery life. Since my last post put wifi back on and still at 72%, much better.

Allen.

Please use plain text.