Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
febegaia
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: tigo

Re: Update 2.1.0.1314 is released

Hi tex, tks for ur answer i did what you say and the temperature gets a little low, the i made security wype and reinstall everything one by one the problem was solve no more overheat 

Thanks everyone for support 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

dungeon418 wrote:

@TexTucker

Had my 4G LTE unlocked as I didn't want to hook up with Rogers where I bought it. Hooked it to Bell and then MTS, the internet worked fine, but no updates. So I had to go back to where I bought it from, Rogers. I did get the 1088 update immediately upon hook up to Rogers as they now push it, but they are sitting on the 1314 update. Maybe if we raise a big enough stink to RIM they may devise a way for us to get the updates from them. The ISP's who sell these 4G LTE playbooks don't put us buyers on their priority list. Blackberry did tell me that these 4G LTE are proprietary so that means you have to sign up for 4G LTE through the ISP you bought them from if you want a push for the latest OS.

If you don't want updates, any ISP will do who has 4G,

Hope that helps.

It needs addressing if RIM are allowing people like this to sell unlocked playbooks...

http://www.misco.co.uk/product/198863/BlackBerry-PlayBook-3Gplus-32Gb-Tablet-PC

My Device: Blackberry Z10, Playbook 16 gig, 32gig, 64gig,
My Carrier: MTS,

@TexTucker wrote

t needs addressing if RIM are allowing people like this to sell unlocked playbooks...

http://www.misco.co.uk/product/198863/BlackBerry-PlayBook-3Gplus-32Gb-Tablet-PC

Are they selling unlocked 4G LTE playbooks? I couldn't see it on the URL you sent? I have read a post about that though..

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker

dungeon418 wrote:

Are they selling unlocked 4G LTE playbooks? I couldn't see it on the URL you sent? I have read a post about that though..

I am still waiting for a reply from them; I asked them if they are unlocked and how they expect updates to be processed given the current problems.

They generally don't sell contracts, they are a no-frills hardware seller.  There is no sign of a telecoms logo which is unusual for this country; generally tablets and smartphones are only unlocked aftermarket and sold on ebay.   There would be no point selling 4G here yet as only EE (Orange+Tmobile) currently have a franchise and the UK government have not held the remaining bandidth auction til later this year,  hence the 3G+ (21mbps) spec. I wonder if they actully exist. 

Response is 

"Dear Customer, In response to your query, I can confirm Misco Number:198863 will be unlocked to any mobile provider but you must have the blackberry service active on your contract."

...if that means something to you smartphone guys.  I didn't think the SIMs in there were of that type. 

I guess my 3G+ mobile broadband dongle SIM that I have in my router will not be suitable for the 3G+ Playbook, or if it works it will not receive any updates. 

Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Tex, I don't believe they know of which they speak.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dungeon418

@TexTucker

Response is 

"Dear Customer, In response to your query, I can confirm Misco Number:198863 will be unlocked to any mobile provider but you must have the blackberry service active on your contract."

...if that means something to you smartphone guys.  I didn't think the SIMs in there were of that type. 

I guess my 3G+ mobile broadband dongle SIM that I have in my router will not be suitable for the 3G+ Playbook, or if it works it will not receive any updates. 

Don't know about 3G+ dongle. Maybe it is downward compatible.  If you buy a 4G LTE, I would presume that you need a 4G network to use it.  As far as what the company claims who are selling this in the UK, I would check what they are actually selling there. Blackberry has emailed me with the explanation as to why I could not get updates on my 4G LTE through anyone else but the ISP  that I bought the from,and that is, Quote" These units are proprietary", meaning The ISP you buy them from is actually the only place you can get pushes for for OS updates. Been there done that when I tried changing ISP's and couldn't get OS updates. Yes you can use it on other ISP's who have 4G or 4G LTE but,you cannot get any OS updates. Probably has something to do with the hardware of the Playbook.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dungeon418

By the way, The Playbook doesn't come with a Sim, at least mine did not.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

dungeon418 wrote:

We are talking about 4G and 3G+ versions which do.

@jarviser
dungeon418 wrote:

We are talking about 4G and 3G+ versions which do.

Ok, good to know.  I was talking about the 4G LTE in North America. Didn't know they had the 4G in UK, All I can find is the 3G+

Interesting they come with the SIMM though. Mine was in a sealed box (in Canada) and there was no SIM in it.

Are the 4G's out in UK then?

Please use plain text.