Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb
My Carrier: Rogers

Update from RIM - no plans for directory support

I just got off the phone with RIM support.  They said there are no plans to include support for directories or folders on the Playbook in any future software updates.  That seems like a really dumb decision on RIM's part.

I should have taken the hint when RIM called their tablet a Playbook.  It's a toy, not a professional table.

Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Re: Update from RIM - no plans for directory support

i wouldnt put it past a "support" rep where in most cases you would proly know more then them. Smiley Wink

even if they dont, there are bound to be 3rd party develpers to crack it.
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 & PlayBook 64

Quila467 - Please don't imply with your message heading that you are providing an update from RIM. One support reps offhand comment is certainly not a RIM position. I think any true RIM BlackBerry believer (like myself) knows that they will get this right. I would be very surprised if this wasn't fixed soon. I spoke to a different rep obviously because they said it sounds like a bug and she documented it.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Also, given the responses from RIM support reps in the several GPS threads (where at least two clearly told callers "there is no GPS" even though that's plainly false), I don't know why anyone would believe anything they say without independent confirmation.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb

eprklims wrote:
Quila467 - Please don't imply with your message heading that you are providing an update from RIM. One support reps offhand comment is certainly not a RIM position. I think any true RIM BlackBerry believer (like myself) knows that they will get this right. I would be very surprised if this wasn't fixed soon. I spoke to a different rep obviously because they said it sounds like a bug and she documented it.

Considering that the ONLY feedback we are getting from RIM is from their support line, I think my subject line was appropriate.  This forum is hosted on RIM's servers.  If they want to refute my statement, they are more than welcome to chime in here.

I am growing increasingly frustrated with the fact that I just paid $700 for an incomplete product.  I knew going in that the Playbook was not complete, but I did not expect to be completely ignored by RIM.  We have all paid a lot of money for our new tablets.  RIM should be treating us like the good customers we are and letting us know what is going to be fixed and what isn't.

I started posting on these forums because I thought I would see some feedback from RIM.  So far I have seen nothing.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Don't forget, we had multiple reports of RIM support people telling folks that the Playbook had no GPS hardware in it.. 

Just because a support person said it, that doesn't mean it is true.. Especially when talking about future updates..

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

RIM is aware of the issue. Just because they are not commenting on it in this forum does not mean the issue is being ignored. Like any software issue, then need to repeat the issue, investigate the fix, determine any impact to other sub-systems, impact to schedule before any work can be done on it. Once it has been fixed, and tested, then they will announce it. RIM is cautious about their announcements.