Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
gfriedri2207
My Device: Playbook 3G + 9800

Updateproblem playbook 3G

Hi to all,

i got my playbook auf fest weeks ago. Now i habe noticed that my OS Version is old (2.0.1.688).

Usually the playbook update shoul come automatically, nur there is no upadte signalisiert on my screen. I searched for update via setting and via Desktop Manager, no sucsess.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks Gerald

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: Updateproblem playbook 3G

Maybe that is the latest update for that version of the PlayBook.
New Contributor
gfriedri2207

I know the latest is OS 2.1.0.1088 OS 2.1 Works with BB Link OS 2.0 with BB Desktopmanager. BB link is getting an Update to Sync contacts and calender via USB. Thats the Reason why i want OS 2.1 Tanks gerald
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

If your 3g playbook comes with a contracted data plan specifically with and for Playbook then you need to complain to your data plan provider. Only they will release the update.

If your playbook is unlocked and you simply inserted a 3g SIM then current thought is you will never get another update, so complain to Blackberry and/or whoever sold it to you.

@TexTucker

Thank you.

The Problem is, there is no Provider in Austria who sells Playbook. The only way to get a playbook was to by via Amazon, cause the BB online store is out of order since weeks, or months.

Whats with Playbook bought via BB-online store, this thakes also place without any provider, and you dont need a BB Option for the Playbook?