Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
ecuawar
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

Updating to 2.1.0.1088 wiped my PB clean !

Has this occurred to anyone else ?

Thankfully, any data I had on my PB is backed up, however "My World" in the App World does not show all the programs that I have bought ... so I cannot reinstall them.

When I go to the App World Website and connect my PB to my computer, it insists upon a device password ... even though there is NO password assigned. For the life of me, I cannot get past this password request.

Any ideas on what I can do to get access to all my programs ???

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Updating to 2.1.0.1088 wiped my PB clean !

The playbook is not supported via the app world website I believe. Have you used to same blackberry id to sign intoyour playbook? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ecuawar

Yes. Though when the update wiped the PB clean and left me with the new PB opsys, I did have to redo all the configuration and setup including the BB ID. I used the same email addy and password. There was no error msg that came back and said that that email addy was already used, so I assume it was okay.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

The PB does work with the App World. When you click on the icon App World should automatically recognize your PB and your account. Is this how you are getting to App World, if so I don't understand the password question, unless you changed your BB ID.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

how did you do the update, with a PC or wifi?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ecuawar

Normally the App World does work on the PB. However, as explained above, the install of the the new opsys cleaned off everything and left only the new opsys. See above for my comment about the Blackberry ID. Thus the App World on the PB is blank ... showing ONLY what is involvedi n the new opsys

The error msg that I am getting is using the online version of App World and connecting the PB to my computer via USB cable.

When, in the online version of AppWorld, I go to My World, the online version does recognize my PB ... however it always comes up with the message asking for a device password. Whether or not I provide a password ... or if passwords are turned off ... it doesnt matter ... I always get the error message that "Unable to Connect Device". It does not matter if I reboot the PB, or reboot my computer, or if the BB Desktop Software is loaded and connected or not.

I should note, that the online AppWorld does show all the programs that I have bought over the last 2 years for the PB

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ecuawar

Via PC

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

In Playbook, go to settings, blackberry id. Is it all correct?

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ecuawar

All is correct on the PB in the BB ID
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

[ Edited ]

ecuawar wrote:
All is correct on the PB in the BB ID

OK, with the Playbook NOT connected to the PC in any way whatsoever,  in the PC browser go to http://appworld.blackberry.com , sign in with your blackberry ID, go to My World link, The list of apps you own should be there and it will NOT ask for a device ID of any type, so log as you go to the website with a stand-alone PC.  

Are they there??  

If not then the BBID is not the right one and you wil have to search your memory for the right one.

If they ARE there then the playbook will need to be wiped and start again with the setup. 

________
Please use plain text.