Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: STC

Re: Upgraded Playbook to 2.0.1.358 and can no longer sync with PC

SOLVED!

I uninstalled BB DM, rebooted PC, then plugged in my Playbook. After a few minutes, I saw the C drive and clicked install and it installed the new drivers. I can now finally see the playbook in Z drive. I think having BB DM 6.01 was the problem.

Try to uninstall the program, reboot, and then wait for the playbook to reinstall the new drivers.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: TIM Italy

Thank you for the hint! It works for me too. In any case still remain unsolved the issues wit Blackberry Desktop that do not work.
My Device: playhbook
My Carrier: 09212860307

Hi,

I also couldnt sync my playbook to my windows 7 , in playbook it prompt that it connected but in my windows there is no playbook drive , and DM is not working too 

My Carrier: STC

Un-install DM. Restart playbook and windows. Then look for playbook in c drive and install drive for it. It should show up then.  Seems like a problem with dm and new playbook software.

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

I too have been experiencing this exact problem since upgrading. I am on an HP notebook on Windows 7. This is exceptionally frustrating because my playbook is only 16GB and I need to transfer my pictures and video to another source ASAP. It's full!
Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: none

reply to ccbutterfly:

If the sync problem persist after rebooting the PB, you can us as temporary measure copy from pb to your pc

connect via PB USB. Be sure wifi and, blue tooth all turned off

From you pc network you should be able to find your playbook. If not make  you can try entering into your windows explorer address:

//youplaybookPinOrname/media

copy everything there or you selected directories to your preferred PC drive folder.

My Carrier: null

[ Edited ]

I just want to share what I've gone through tonight after reading this post.  

Pre-condition, my Playbook is on 2.0.1.358 and it was behaving poorly.  It is not saving Wi-Fi password, not adding bookmarks, not connecting to the AppWorld, and coming out from stand-by does not restore all my apps and browsers.  I can't connect it with the BB Desktop Software, it doesn't show up in my computer as any drive, nor can I connect it with IP address or see any unmounted drive under Computer Management.  I tried to use Desktop Software to do a Factory Restore, it manages to power off my PB, but once I restarted the PB the Restore procedure won't comtinue.  

Anyway, I skim through the entire 11 pages of posts.  Tried every single thing suggested, but my Desktop Software still unable to connect, and trying to use either the network name or the IP still no go.  By the way, for the regedit part, I think you meant to do the program uninstall before the regedit clean up.  Doing the regedit clean up first will remove the registry for the uninstall to run normally.  

Almost wanna give up, but I give one more try to run a Factory Restore.  What?  It works this time!!!  Takes a long time download 2.0.1.358 (yea still 2.0.1.358) but it does the whole thing slowly.  After the restore, I have to go through the first time setup again and obviously lost all my data.  But now my PB is back to normal, it saves all my new bookmarks, it connects to AppWorld, it connects to BB Desktop Software and shows up as the Z: under My Computer.  

I have no idea which part of the suggested steps enabled the communication to restore my PB.  

Thanks for everyone who contributed.

G

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

It's primarily window's poor handling of USB driver refresh. Never had a single problem on mac compared to my old windows7 crate. Windows does not even allowyou to delete drivers unless the hardware is connected, well not unless you gl through a long admin procedure, so it's hit and miss whether it decides to suddenly recognise the hardware. If you think this is bad try changing usb 3G dongles.