Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Uploading Videos to Playbook

I had another thread on this but I wasn't getting any responses so not sure if I accidentally accepted it as a solution or not. Either way - I'm trying to open MP4 of WMP files on my Playbook and they wont open.

it says at the top "Media Error" then underneath it it says "An error has occured. Please try again."

Im uploading them from BB Link and I have the most up-to-date software.

Please help

-A

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Uploading Videos to Playbook

Hi Attrition,

I would recommend taking a look at this documentation about supported media on the BlackBerry PlayBook. Some file types are listed, however, the codec may not be supported.

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/develop/supported_media/blackberry_playbook_os_media_suppor...

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

Download and install FREEMAKE Video Converter http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

It can transcode the videos into any format or device you choose including BlackBerry - they have a BlackBerry setting even.

It is FREE but beware their installer will try to install BLOATWARE so you have to be careful to read each install screen and deselect the appropriate junk. It's how they make their money through the advertising software. So if you do things right, you'll get a lean and mean and extremely good software package that you will use forever. It's fast and easy as pie to use.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you I appreciate your response.

I am still having troubles with this. I just checked the info on the video and it is a MP4

dimensions: 1280 x 720

codexs H.264, MPEG-4 HE AAC V2

Audio channels: 2

Total bit rate: 122

Is this not appropriate? If not, is there any way I can make it work? Also, is the post about FREEMAKER spam or is that legit? Would you recommend this?

Thanks for your time!

-A

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

From what I can see that member Chaosdivine is a legitimate poster who would not spam.  You take your chances with freeware, like he says there's a lot of baggage comes with it.  They mostly try to get you to click the wrong download anyway. Windows attracts bad people with malware in a way that doesn't seem to happen with Linux or Apple.

Or you could buy Photoshop Elements or similar paid-for tool if you do a lot of video downloading.

Either way Playbook is very fussy about subsets of protocols, i.e. not all MP4 are acceptable. it could simply be the frame rate or the aspect ratio. Like I say, fussy.

Google around a bit more for Playbook accepted media types and codecs.

Sarah.
Contributor

I've downloaded a video converter except I have no idea what i need to change. Can somone please help me?

I can change the codec, preset, tune, profile, level. I just have no idea what I need to change.

Thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Attrition wrote:

I've downloaded a video converter except I have no idea what i need to change. Can somone please help me?

I can change the codec, preset, tune, profile, level. I just have no idea what I need to change.

Thanks

Go to the link below Check out the formats and try to use the suported parameters. You may need to search for more details.

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/develop/supported_media/bb_media_support_at_a_glance.html#k...

Sarah.