Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
Quila467
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb

Re: Upset and not impressed

knottyrope wrote:

Place your ideas here so developer will know.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Ideas-for-PlayBook-apps-wish-list...

The developers should be able to get plenty of ideas for needed apps by looking through this forum.  I don't see how creating yet another thread of apps people want is going to improve anything.  I appreciate what you're trying to do knottyrope, I just don't have any confidence that it will help.

As for RIM, I've given up on getting suggestions to them.  They aren't listening.  They have a plan (at least I hope they do) that they have no intention of sharing with their customers and all we can do is wait to see if their plan will ever make the Playbook useful.  Until then, I leave my Playbook in the rapid charging stand at home in case I want to surf the net without having to turn on my computer.  I really don't have any other use for it right now.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

It is so the developer dont have to comb the forums and gives the users a place to put the in one place that a develpoer can access. bridging the gap is a way.

it is win win for everyone.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
DawnOfFire
My Device: PlayBook (32 gig) and Curve 9300

After I have posted in the other thread, I had some thoughts..... and they hurt!

Yes, we (the users) need a spot for a list of suggestions

Yes, we (the users) need a way to rate / approve / say yes about an app

No, I don't think using the Kudo buttons will get the 'votes' on the apps right.

Yes - someone could make / maintain a full list of the apps, but the voting issue is still going to be a pain, not to mention the problem of still having to search through a thread of asked for apps to find the ones that are most voted on.

We need more options in the forum, or some other way to deal with this.

Honestly, the iPhone was the spouse's idea!
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

That's a great idea... perhaps a more formal suggestion/voting method. I can all but guarantee that something like that will take time to introduce, but its worth suggesting all the same. I will pass that along to the forum admins and maybe they'll be able to work with the developers to get some ideas as to how to implement something like that.

But like I said, no guarantees, so don't get your hopes up too far.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Trusted Contributor
chrispycrunch
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB

There's a good thread over on crackberry forums - there's a 12 page thread that lists wants and suggestions.

I honestly hope RIM is listening to the feedback. They should assume that their OS for their Blackberry is obsolete and they are being trampled by competitors (the sales figures don't lie.).

QNX is their future, so every effort they spend in building out the app world community, User interface for playbook, promoting developer community, and partnering with BIG players (net flix, skype, etc) will all serve to build RIM's future.

This future starts with good customer service, strong technical staff to support customers, and a strong development team to address making the playbook along with blackberry product a solid winning combination.

-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------