Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
carzbb1
My Device: Curve 8530. Playbook 2.0

Usb flash drive support

Hoping for flash support. Use flash drives for saving and sharing work between business to home. Would be a great feature for me on the go and note having to carry a laptop
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sohrabza
My Device: 9700

Re: Usb flash drive support

I've seen videos where you can do that ...but you have to root your PB to achieve that
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carzbb1

Yes I have read about that. It was rumored that 2.0 was to have usb support. I'm done with manipulating rooting/jailbreaking. Hope RIM can make it happen?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
C_McD
My Device: Z30 10.2.1.2141; PlayBook 64 GB OS 2.1.0.1753

Hope we get it SOON!

Just had to order the Camera Kit for my wife's iPad <BLUSH> so we could back up camera card to her iPad.

Bring it on RIM.

We're all out here together...
Please use plain text.
Alex79
My Device: Playbook 64 GB

That's very stupid from Blackberry because we're not able to read a stupid flashdrive in 2012. If I knew that before my purchase, I would'nt buy this f***** tablet. I bought this PB to transfer pictures from a SD CARD !!!!! So I can't use it !!!!!

Better to go with IPAD !!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

Alex79 wrote:

That's very stupid from Blackberry because we're not able to read a stupid flashdrive in 2012. If I knew that before my purchase, I would'nt buy this f***** tablet. I bought this PB to transfer pictures from a SD CARD !!!!! So I can't use it !!!!!

Better to go with IPAD !!!!!!

ipad cant do it either last i checked unless you jail break it and buy a camera kit and a cable

better off getting a wifi USB reader or SD card reader

or get this wifi enabled SD flash drive reader

http://www.airstash.com/#home

specs

http://maxell.com/airstash/images/A02%20AirStashr%20Sell%20Sheet%2012.2.11a.pdf

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

[ Edited ]

Alex79 wrote:

..... I bought this PB to transfer pictures from a SD CARD !!!!! So I can't use it !!!!!

Could have asked the queston here or crackberry before buying. 

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carzbb1

Feel your pain. I'm hoping to for usb support too. But there are plenty of others ways move data, pic. docs. Dropbox.   Evernote.  BB Desktop Manager ...........        If you bought the PB for pic and entertainment only, your right. you should not have bought PB. It's a much more powerful tablet than those tablets and your tv  

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
C_McD
My Device: Z30 10.2.1.2141; PlayBook 64 GB OS 2.1.0.1753

It's simple to use my laptop as a middleman in the meantime, but when it does happen, it'll be a plus for the PB.

I have used my wife's iPad with the properietary adapter in a pinch, but it's not easy either since it doesn't allow files other than picture files and is quirky even then.

We're all out here together...
Please use plain text.