Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Using a stylus on the PlayBook

Xandrex, now I'm even more confused, I guess.  I'll assume "KO" (short for "Knock-Out") means "not OK" in this case, but the diagram implies that you think a stylus looks the same to the device with or without the screen protector (since both your "stylus" diagrams show the same thing).

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

in case 1, the center star is black. In case 3, the center star is grey.
It means that indeed, the screen technically feels the stylus, but that because of the screen protector, that feel is below the sensitivity threshold, and therefore does not register the stylus in case 3.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Okay, I can see that now. It's really *really* hard to see, but I can see it. I had to take off my glasses, too... must be my old eyes. :smileyhappy:

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

I heard it works by sensing karma. That's why all the miserable people here are complaining...

:Rolleyes:

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Contributor
My Device: 9700

@websites. Thanks for the really constructive comment. If you have nothing constructive to say, perhaps ....
Guru I

@lstoch

relax, buddy !

webbsites' message contained a smiley, so I guess he/she was just trying to ease the conversation after my very serious post (that probably not many people read entirely).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

@Xandrex : how how weird is this. I'm on a playbook and see no smiley
Guru I

@lstoch
when you use a PlayBook, usually you are forwarded to the mobile forum. If you wish to see images & videos inside the posts, you need to switch to the desktop forum.
You can do that by clicking on the link "FULL" in the footer of any page.

Contributor

aha - thanks for that.  smiley is revealed.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Karma restored? ;-)

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands