Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Re: Using a stylus on the PlayBook

i disagree i constantly use a stylist on a naked playbook.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
woofhavenchuck
My Device: Playbook

I prefer to play using a naked stylist.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lstoch
My Device: 9700

@woofhavenchuck:

Have you tried using Skit or Scroodle (note taking apps) with the stylus?  I had absolutely no luck - I had to press so hard it wasn't worth is - as I said I tried the Griffin stylus and one other from the far east whose name I can't remember).  If you are:

• how much pressure do you have to apply
  • on the apple absolutely no pressure whatsoever is required
  • what type of stylus are you using
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
woofhavenchuck
My Device: Playbook

@Istoch: It isn't funny if I have to explain it...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lstoch

@woofhavenchuck

Reply or don't reply - that is your choice.  

If you have been following this discussion, it is ALL about how much pressure one has to apply using a stylus and why the PlayBook is so much less responsive thatn the iPad.

No one is trying to be funny.

So, as I say, feel free not to contribute ...

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

@lstoch, you totally missed it, but he was making a joke. @aandras accidentally typed "stylus" as "stylist", and he went from there... ;-)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lstoch

Guess I did.  

But this stylus thing is turning out to be a big deal for me.  Also I'm trying to get some hairy recursive coding done that just isn't working, so I'm possibly not reading for the funny stuff.

Bottom line is that while I like the Playbook for most stuff, I honestly think the iPad beats it when it comes to using a stylus.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

I think you're probably just looking in the wrong place.  There's at least one thread on CrackBerry.com where people have discussed styluses and which ones work well for the PlayBook.  Some work fine through the screen protector included with the Otterbox, so obviously it can't be as bad as all that...

See the tail end of the first one I found: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/capacitive-stylus-blackberry-playbook-578113/i...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lstoch

@Peter

Thanks for the pointer, but I have read tons of stylus discussions and some find the stylii useless and other seem happier.  

In the discussion you referred me to, someone says he/she is happy with the Griffen - but I tried it and it is useless.  You have to press so hard that it isn't worth the effort.

Thats just my experience.  I have now tried about 3 stilii in the store and a couple that I made myself - I found them all to be useless.  Some may differ, but that's been my experience.

Please use plain text.