Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
moneyhunster
My Device: bb bold and bb playbook

VIDEO CHAT ERrOR

hi, I bought everyone a playbook for Christmas, until yesterday everything was working fine but. Now I just get an error message saying that I cannot connect to the server, even my girlfriends playbook sitting next to mine will now not connect either. 

What's going on? I haven't changed anything?? 

I made such a fuss about the playbook to my family and ended up buying 7 in all. 

Please tell me it's something silly.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: VIDEO CHAT ERrOR

reboot your wifi router and try again

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
moneyhunster

I tried that, didn't work. Tried again, same. Turned it off for 2 minstrel then I found my playbook showed green again next to my mums and my playbook but not my girlfriends? I still can't phone hers even though it's next to mine?

Can't be the router? 

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Try going into the wifi settings and delete the wifi network it won't connect to. Once deleted, reboot the PlayBook and then reinstall the network. Report back on the outcome.
Contributor
moneyhunster

How do I delete the wifi? Can't find the option?

Turned on the video chat just now and it was working again, printed an invoice on my pc, looked at my playbook and all the green lights for my contacts had disappeared again and now I can't connect to the server again?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

What wifi router are you using?

my old one would not do multi VPN connections that vid chat uses

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Tap the wifi symbol in the top right of the screen. When the next screen opens, tap the wifi symbol again. When the next screen opens, select Saved Networks. An Edit pencil appears, select your network, tap the garbage can. This will delete your network. Reboot your PlayBook, go back in as above, manually reinstall your network, tap Save and Connect. Try it.
Contributor
moneyhunster

Just deleted the wifi and rebooted then reinstalled the wifi but I still get the same problem :smileysad: I pushed hard to get everyone one of these,  loosing my bb heart slowly.

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Try calling me on Video Chat now. My contact info is rmkingis@gmail.com. Call soon, I have a meeting to go to soon.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

BlackBerry Playbook Help desks:

Germany: 0800 1816530 (Gebührenfrei)
North-America: 1 877 255 2377 (Toll Free)
UK: 0808 100 7466 (Toll Free UK only)
Outside UK: +44 1753 558400
Worldwide: 1 519 888 6181

These are the Help Desk Numbers. Give them a call.