Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
lyontai
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Airtel Nigeria

Video Chat Camera In Use by Another Application

Hi,

Please can someone help me to resolve this challenge? I wanted to do video chat since 3 days ago and the camera could not come up. Error message 'Another Application is using camera. Please close the Application and try again'

The audio of the video chat is working as I can talk or converse using it, but the camera is seriously giving me some hard time.

Lyontai@gmail.com 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: Video Chat Camera In Use by Another Application

Have you tried to do a reboot. Tap the battery icon in the top right, Tap restart. Try it and report back.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lyontai

I have been restarting for several times now, even before joining the forum today I have done that. But the audio is working hence I could chat with friends and family with it. But video no way!! Is there a way I could access the technical Page where the process can be stopped? 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

I have not had this problem but there are others who have. Have you recently installed some Apps recently that are associated with the camera? There is no way for accessing a Technical page on this subject but there is a search utility at the top of this Page. You can enter broad search terms to see what others have written on the topic.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lyontai

Can I uninstall the Apps...all I noticed is that the problem started after the latest update.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

You can easily uninstall the APPS. Hold your finger on the icon for a few seconds. You will see the screen pulsing and a garbage can next to most icons. Tap the garbage can, the App is deleted. You can easily reinstall the App later and you don't have to pay for it again.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lyontai

Since last year October, I have sold out over 20 playbook and I am still campaigning for BB without receiving a penny from RIM, so if this problem persists and I am unable to resolve it, how can I go out there and talk convincingly to people to buy this product.

Someone posted that I may need to contact RIM for them to fix it. Hardware issues he said, how about that?! The Data consumption is money, who is going to pay for that.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Here is the contact info for BlackBerry. I suggest you give them a call. I have setup 10 Playbooks for friends and family and none have had problems with their Playbooks. So give them a call
BlackBerry Playbook Help desks:
Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
Germany: 0800 1816530 (Gebührenfrei)
North-America: 1 877 255 2377 (Toll Free)
UK: 0808 100 7466 (Toll Free UK only)
Outside UK: +44 1753 558400
Worldwide: 1 519 888 6181
Please use plain text.