Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Ryleighsdad
My Device: Playbook 16gb

Video Chat Not Working

Hello All,

well I have been pretty lucky with all the upgrades and changes to my playbook over the last year..But.About a week ago my video chat stopped working the way it should.Now I have 2 contacts that I talk with.A ago something change.One contact is green and the other is grey..Now both contact are online, and I appear green on their devices, as the wife is the grey one, I need to get that working...

We have both tried the 3 button reboot, but that did not work...

Any help would be appreciated..

Bill

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: Video Chat Not Working

I would check carefully to make sure the email address or PIN number is exactly correct on all the PlayBooks. I would also check the routers involved to see if they all have a strong signal.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ryleighsdad

Lost...

all emails and/or PINS are correct....i'll get the wife to turn off/on the router at home and see if that works...will update when complete..

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

By the way, the three button reset is obsolete on OS 2.0 onwards. Just use the power button by itself. Three buttons still works but not needed.

Gents,

well reseting the routers and deleting the wifes contact and re-entering didn't work...any other ideas

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Ryleighsdad,
When I was talking to you on video chat, the video was slow and jerky likely indicating slow modem connection. Have you tried connecting by audio only? Just turn off the video portion.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Ryleighsdad wrote:

Gents,

well reseting the routers and deleting the wifes contact and re-entering didn't work...any other ideas

Just out of curiosity, are they both on the same BBID, or do they each have their own BBID ?

The reason why I am asking is that it was said before in an other message group that if you use the same BBID, then the video chat is likely to not be working

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

rat-7 wrote:

Ryleighsdad wrote:

Gents,

Just out of curiosity, are they both on the same BBID, or do they each have their own BBID ?

The reason why I am asking is that it was said before in an other message group that if you use the same BBID, then the video chat is likely to not be working

They will work if BBIDs are the same provided that you set up the contact using  the other playbook's PIN number.

If they have different blackberry IDs then the contact can be set up using the other Playbook's Blackberry ID 

No other email address will work  You must use Blackberry ID or PIN as the contact address.

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ryleighsdad

Lost..

sorry for the cut out genny ran out of fuel......yes the internet can be slow at times over here.....have tried both video and voice only..neither one works aslong as symbol is grey..

Rat...

no they are seperate PB'S each with their own identity

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Are you using blackberry id of the other playbook  as contact address?