Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
kimiso
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: att

Video Chat: bad wifi connection after OS2.0 update

Hi, I have 4 playbooks, one for myself and three for my family living oversea. I bought three playbooks for my family for video chat. It worked fine (except huge e-mail problems=another issue) until I updated to OS2.0 one month ago. I have following problems after OS2.0 1) Video chat program cannot always on to wi-fi and to receptible the incoming calls. When I know I am receiving or calling, I have to restart playbook or / disconnect wifi and connect again to establish the wi-fi connection for the Video chat. (while I am having this problem I can use internet without problem) 2) When I was in the older OS before OS2.0 it did not have this problem. Once established the wifi connection, it does not disconnect wi-fi so soon like this new OS2.0. I need help for 1) Is there any way to solve this problem? for 2) I'd rather go back to my old OS system. I searched every where for the old OS (OS1?) but I could not find it. Please let me know how to go back to the old OS system. I appreciate your help. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Re: Video Chat: bad wifi connection after OS2.0 update

2.1 is current version. 

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kimiso
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: att

Maybe I wrote the wrong version number,but I am using the NEWEST version. The older version I purchased in March was better, at least. If someone who knows how to go back to the older version please let me know.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

You can't, not without hacking it anyway and we don't go there.

There's just over a million playbooks working fine on 2.1 so I would look elsewhere for your problem. Try reinstalling 2.1 latest vis desktop.

________
Please use plain text.