Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Video Chat

Nope. Smiley Sad
My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)
My Carrier: orange UK

[ Edited ]

www.faceflow.com is a cross o/s programme that is exactly the same as skype. It does have the added factor that it allows conference calls for free. Access the programme through your browser. As with skype, both need to install the programme. It works PC to Playbook and Playbook to PC. The only difference between the programmes is that faceflow is not yet accessed through an app, however the programmers are working on it, and it should be available soon. Skype will probably never be available for the BB platform. Make Faceflow a 'favourites' in your browser and all is well.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ross

Regards to all (except BB)
Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Can't get into faceflow settings on playbook browser! Another dropdown menu that's  incompatible. 

My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)
My Carrier: orange UK

[ Edited ]

Just tried it formyself and it worked. I deleted all reference to faceflow. Opened the browser (world with the arrow), typed www.faceflow.com  as the url. When the page opened I made it a favourite on the home screen by tapping the star+ icon at the top right. Closed the programme and found the icon on the home page.  Tapped and the faceflow page opened. 

Hope this helps. It's a good programme and makes contact from the Playbook viable to others. I have even used it by tethering my phone. That was slow, but it worked. I normally use my home or outside wifi. It is slower than video chat, a time lag of about 1 second, but that is acceptable. Face flow is 1/2 second lag.

Hope thsi helps and gets it to work for you.

Regards

Ross

Regards to all (except BB)
Super Contributor

Faceflow works OK. What I said was I could not get into my faceflow SETTINGS on the Playbook browser. Have to use my macbook to do that.   Ditto can't sign out using Playbook. Same issue as the guy had on his toy train website. Playbook browser incompatible with dragdown and drag across menus; similarly most tablets are also incompatible.

No privacy settings either, anyone can search for me and request a befriending.   EEK! Skype has better protection against any old freak calling you whenever they want.

I may delete the account......and wait for Skype HTML5 browser based version, or BB10 app, whichever comes first. 

My Device: BB10
My Carrier: None

Hi,

I'm the founder of FaceFlow and I just wanted to answer to some of the comments in here.

Thanks for pointing the drop down issue in the Playbook browser - even though we are working on a Blackberry 10 application for both the phone and the Playbook, we are going to fix this ASAP. (BB10 app released Jan 30!)

About people being able to send you requests - you are right, anybody who knows your username / real name can search you, like on Skype, and send you a friend request. I suggest not accepting people you don't know, that way it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to call you. We are still taking this issue into account and might implement a "Don't allow people to add me" option in the near future (even though I am not sure if many would use that, since your friends wouldn't even be able to add you that way).

Again thanks - I appreciate reading comments about our service, we really take them into account and will act upon them to make our users happy.

Dany Pelletier

Founder, FaceFlow

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Thanks for that update Dany!

Come on BlackBerry10!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

^^

DanyP wrote:

Hi,

I'm the founder of FaceFlow and I just wanted to answer to some of the comments in here.

Thanks for pointing the drop down issue in the Playbook browser - even though we are working on a Blackberry 10 application for both the phone and the Playbook, we are going to fix this ASAP. (BB10 app released Jan 30!)

About people being able to send you requests - you are right, anybody who knows your username / real name can search you, like on Skype, and send you a friend request. I suggest not accepting people you don't know, that way it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to call you. We are still taking this issue into account and might implement a "Don't allow people to add me" option in the near future (even though I am not sure if many would use that, since your friends wouldn't even be able to add you that way).

Again thanks - I appreciate reading comments about our service, we really take them into account and will act upon them to make our users happy.

Dany Pelletier

Founder, FaceFlow

Thanks for the swift feedback. Good to know you are taking comments seriously unlike facebook.

Take someone like me, retired, Skyping one brother, one son, one friend across the atlantic, all contacts set up two years ago. Any more contacts will be set up the old fashioned way (by phone call), I dont want some ladyboy from thailand messaging me or trying to "add" me which happens frequently unless you set calls and messages "from my contacts only" That is what is needed. I don't want 500 "friends" and if I did I would rejoin farcebook. 

Where do you get your revenue by the way? 

My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
My Carrier: Sprint

FaceBook offers video chat for BB playbook!