Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

kairos77
My Device: Tablet
My Carrier: No one

Video Store Canada

Hi guys, 

Was super excited to.get the video store here in Edmonton, Alberta. Registered, and downloaded the app. So far so good. Then:

1. Movies pop up to download, then immediately flash,'cancel, unable to download.

2. I've deleted plenty of programs off the tablet, but I can't delete the video store.

3. I have the most recent OPS.

4. I have booted, and rebooted the Playbook ,any times.

5. I have tons of free memory.

6. I can't get to proper customer service through Rovi (makers) or RIM.

Has anyone else encountered these problems, and is there a fix? 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Syn_Denied
My Device: Playbook OS Version 2.0.1.358

Re: Video Store Canada

Hi Kairos77 and BB Support Community, British Columbia, Canada native here;  I also have not had success with downloading a purchased movie in Video Store Canada.  I begin the download and within seconds a redlettered message comes up, "Unable to continue download, please retry."  At the same time, I can see data being imported (e.g. 129.9 MB of 1681.9 MB {the first number increases steadily albeit slowly}), even though the message also says it is paused.  This continues until about 10 MB remain to import... then the download freezes.

Clicking "Retry" restarts the downloading process at 0.0 MB, and after doing this enough times, a message comes up saying that you have exceeded your downloading tries, and you need to repurchase the movie.  (As if!)

In addition, in the BBPB Help App, the Video Store Canada section provides some general steps for downloading files.  Here it makes mention of being able to access your account preferences, and I have found no such ability on my PB's loaded app.

I'm running PB OS version 2.0.1.358.  I have rebooted several times, have not opened any other apps, and my wifi signal is at full strength.

I don't want a refund, I just want to be able to watch cool movies like Bladerunner on the PB's awesome display.  Any hope for this to happen?

Cheers, Syn

Please use plain text.