Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
C_McD
My Device: Z30 10.2.1.2141; PlayBook 64 GB OS 2.1.0.1753
Accepted Solution

Video Store - Redundant files

I notice when I download a movie from The Video Store that there are two copies - One in Videos folder and one in the Android/Movies folder.

Curious why both files are downloaded - are they redundant?  Obviously this takes up twice the space and since they're large files it becomes significant.

We're all out here together...
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Video Store - Redundant files

Where are you seeing this "Android/Movies" folder. My guess is there is only one file that both folders are accessing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
C_McD
My Device: Z30 10.2.1.2141; PlayBook 64 GB OS 2.1.0.1753

I noticed duplicate files when copying files as a backup... and it debits the PB memory twice as much too I think, so I assume it's a duplicate file.

Z:\videos\

Z:\misc\android\Movies\

Both files have same name/size/date.

Maybe I don't understand the file management on the PlayBook? Here's copies of what it looks like when connected to my laptop...

2012-10-02_2113.png

We're all out here together...
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Interesting. I plugged in my PB and I have the same duplicate file for the one movie I have downloaded. I don't haven an answer but I'll ask around and see what I can find out.

John
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
John_Clark

[ Edited ]

I'm being told those are virtual links and don't really take up extra space on the device. If you delete one it will delete the other.  If you copy/paste using Windows it will double them up. Not sure just what the BB Desktop Software does when it makes a backup, though. It shouldn't duplicate them.