Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook, torch 9800

Video /camera flash wont work . screen freezes

ok here goes my rant! Whats the point of having a camera and video it cannot be used in dim light? The light on my playbook does not work ( and to think this was the only picture taking device I took to a very special occasion !)> 

Next the screen freezes so often I have to keep restarting it and lose whatever I am working on at the moment.  To add insult to injury I am being told that I have to pay for support to get these hardware issues resolved (yes I googled it and there are hundreds of people with the same issue on their playbook)  This is clearly a design flaw. Now I am a loyal blackberry user and have been for many years but your competitors are looking very good right now RIM you better do something fix these things. I am in the market to purchase again but I will be damned if I am going to purchase from  the same company if I geat messed up again. (ps th bold just plain died black screen, now the torch panel fell off googled it and there are many others with the same issue) Do something RIM I love my blackberry products but my patience is getting thin.

Developer
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha

Re: Video /camera flash wont work . screen freezes

Please reset your device and check weather your device has latest device updates
f2
Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: Video /camera flash wont work . screen freezes

You probably already realize but the pb does not have any flash or light for picture taking. 

Now I've read about people using the led light on their phones to light up a scene so you could try that.