Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
kingfreeze
My Device: blackberry playbook, Q10
My Carrier: sprint
Accepted Solution

Video chat stopped working

My wife and I both have playbooks, particularly to use the video chat. They both are new devices.  The chat worked great until last night.  You can hear the other person, but the only image on the screen is of yourself in the small window in the top left corner, the image of the other person is blank. We were testing the chat within our own network.  The settings are correct on the device. Any ideas?  I have rebooted both devices, and am a little disappointed since this was the primary reason to own playbooks,  my wife's device uses the mini keyboard, mine does not. I tried to chat first using anHDMI cable to a big screen monitor, then unplugged it and went to the back room, the video was freezing on the screen, then nothing.  Any ideas. Please? 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Video chat stopped working

I had similar issue at mother inlaws house as she had DSL and low upload speed would not allow both to vid chat but sound was ok.

when I used mine from home to connect to her it worked fine

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kingfreeze

Thanks for your response, when the issue started, it was within our own network, which is a high speed connection, so upload speed would not be the problem.  I am traveling today, and will try it when out of town.  I am wondering if it has something to do with using the hdmi out to another monitor, to see the video chat on the monitor rather than the PlayBook itself. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

even on your own network, both Playbooks will upload to the vid chat servers and not to them selves.

do try when out of town and report back please

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

The HDMI cable may be the problem if it was a cable other than the one that came with the PlayBooks. The only other thing I would do is to do the three button reset which will clear out any glitches from the PlayBook.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kingfreeze

Thanks for your reply, ,please expound.  What is the. 3 button reset? 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Hold down the Power Button and both volume buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and then wait 1 minute then hold the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait for the PB to reboot which will be about 4 minutes. Then check the Video Chat again.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kingfreeze

Thanks, I didn't know that.  I have rebooted and solved glitches, but didn't work this time.  I took knotty ropes advice and the chat worked elsewhere than my home network.  The hdmi cable was.a high quality phillips, and the problem started when using chat white plugged into an hdmi monitor.  Thanks to all....my  problem is solved. 

Please use plain text.