Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

heartofgold
My Device: Blackberry playbook 32 gig
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Video formats

what video formats does the playbook support. i loaded a video from my Jazz camcorder and it says doesn't support it.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Video formats

This should help:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/subcategories/?userType=1&category=Supported+Media
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
darocker077
My Device: Xperia Ray
My Carrier: Dhiraagu Maldives

Read below PDF document for all the supported video formats, documents... etc.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/18349/711-01774-123_Supported_Media_Type...

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Trust Your Technolust | Do not PM for any support
If a solution received, please hit on to show your support.
Please use plain text.
heartofgold
My Device: Blackberry playbook 32 gig
My Carrier: Rogers

Thank you
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rwbogar
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I converted a VOB file to AVI which is listed as a supported format.  I syncd the video to my PB using BB Destop Manager.  I also dragged and dropped a copy in the PB's video folder.  When I attempt to play either copy, I only get sound and no picture on the PB.   I can see the video when I open on my PC with Windows Media Player.  Any ideas on how to see the video on the PB? 

Please use plain text.