Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
biouiw05
My Device: BlackBerry Tablet OS 1.0.6.2390 Bridge version:1.0.093 BBM version: 5.0.3.22
My Carrier: Verion
Accepted Solution

Video player frezzes

When I play movies connected to my TV via HDMI cable. The movie will freeze and I have to restart my playbook. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Video player frezzes

is it happening with in the screen dim timeout or just random?

I have not played a video via HDMI since this last update to 1.0.5.2342, but will test soon.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
biouiw05
My Device: BlackBerry Tablet OS 1.0.6.2390 Bridge version:1.0.093 BBM version: 5.0.3.22

Re: Video player freezes

I don't remember if the playbook screen dimmed. I know when I got a new message it happened the first time. Then I restarted the playbook and sent myself an email but the movie kept playing. It will freeze on the playbook and a message will pop up that says  the video player stopped working please restart to fix. When I retard it works fine for a while then will freeze again. It is just very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

what type of videos are you playing? I have played a divx version of How to train a dragon and it worked very well.

Just want to rule out if it is a type of video.

can you record a video on playbook and play it ok?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
biouiw05

It's in mp4 format. I don't know how to change the format.  If you don't mind telling me I will try that way. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

handbrake can change the format, but mp4 should be fine. for a test please video a show or something with playbook and try it with HDMI. i wonder if its the vid you have or an issue with the playbook. i will be testing it a bit tomorrow night since a great hockey game is on tonight

Please use plain text.
Contributor
biouiw05

I played another movie and tv show they both played fine and looked great on my tv. I think it might of been the file. Thanks again.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

good to hear it, come back if you have any more issues or questions.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vbkelly
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: sprint

I have the same issue. The MP4 movie freezes up about half way through when I am connect to the tv via HDMI cable.

Please use plain text.