Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

Virus on my Playbook

After installing the software CompRemote Lite, I lost control of my Playbook. Several applications open by itself and I can not intervene to stop it. The only thing I can do is to hold down the switch button to close the Playbook.

This appen yesterday and this morning.

What is the solution ?

Thanks

Solutions: 6,124
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Virus on my Playbook

It's not a virus... not one discovered yet. You're not the first.

What you need to do is delete that app, and see how it performs.

Also, do a restart of the Playbook... hold down the power and UP volume together about ten seconds, and you should be given the options of RESTART.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

was this happening while connected to the charger? unplug it as it might be a dirty signal causing the screen to do weird things. I saw it happen when my wife used a LG chager on my son's playbook.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

I saw it happen when my wife used a LG chager on my sons

I'm not surprised they acted weird if your wife plugged a charger into them ;-)

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

:Offtopic:

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: None

I think My problem is not resolved. Yesterday morning, I uninstalled CompRemote Lite and restart the playbook. It was fine until last night.

Another attack occurred. It's like a program that takes control of the playbook and I lost control of it. I rebooted the playbook and it was okay.

I left the playbook on the charger all night. This morning, the playbook showed Password required (8 of 10). I was invited to enter blackberry and then my password. I have not had time to enter my password that I had already lost control. Characters were entered before I press any key.

I rebooted the playbook another time and it was okay.

What can I do to fix this?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

If you are using a screen protector, try removing it. They sometimes mess up the touchscreen, generating phantom touches.

Also, touch screens are sensitive to electromagnetic interference such as microwaves, heavy machinery, subwoofers, overhead powerlines etc. 

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands