Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
jagdriver
My Device: PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Voice recordings

Is it possible to download a voice recording on my PlayBook to my desktop (Apple) to create a file that can be accessed for future use?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Voice recordings

Yes, you can transfer the recording to your PC or MAC using the WiFi transfer or connected via the USB.

You might be able to even email it to yourself from the PlayBook..

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
jagdriver

Your reply does not help. The BlackBerry app I am using is Voice Notes. It does not transfer to my desktop when uploading photos and moving film. The only option presented in the dropdown taskbar is "delete". I am still looking for direction in transfering a 28 minute voice recording to my Apple desktop.

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

jagdriver wrote:

Your reply does not help. The BlackBerry app I am using is Voice Notes. It does not transfer to my desktop when uploading photos and moving film. The only option presented in the dropdown taskbar is "delete". I am still looking for direction in transfering a 28 minute voice recording to my Apple desktop.

You can either use the WIFI sharing or the USB connection, in both case you see the Playbook as a network drive and you can just copy to and from any of the folders that are found in the MEDIA folder, you can not however either copy anything or even create new folder into the MEDIA, but you can create folder(s) in any of the pre-existing folders and also copy document(s) using this method

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

The format of vlice notes is m4a.  The folder in media is Voice. 

All three replies do help.

jagdriver wrote:

Your reply does not help.

Don't be a putz.

Have you tried emailing it? Or were you too quick to respond before even reading that suggestion?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
jagdriver

Not in a hurry ... read your suggestion ... searched within the PlayBook for help, within the app and as previously mentioned there is no option (that I could find) offering me the ability to email a Voice Notes recorded recording. The options are Play/Pause/Stop/Cancel/Delete. Please try to accomplish what I am wanting to do (even emailing to yourself) a recording from within your own PlayBook and let me know how you made out with step-by-step instructions. Please! and Thank you.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

jagdriver wrote:
Not in a hurry ... read your suggestion ... searched within the PlayBook for help, within the app and as previously mentioned there is no option (that I could find) offering me the ability to email a Voice Notes recorded recording. The options are Play/Pause/Stop/Cancel/Delete. Please try to accomplish what I am wanting to do (even emailing to yourself) a recording from within your own PlayBook and let me know how you made out with step-by-step instructions. Please! and Thank you.

Look, what's with you? The previous answers ARE the solution that will enable you to get your file onto your MAC. You could at least say thank you.

There is NO solution to do this directly from within the application itself but you have to use a file manger or some type of computer interface (Finder on MAC or Windows Explorer on PC) to get it (copy/move) onto the computer system. In fact, I would be willing to bet you could get it off via the BlackBerry Desktop software also.

I think people have spent enough time trying to pacify you.

JSanders

[ Edited ]

jagdriver wrote:
Please try to accomplish what I am wanting to do (even emailing to yourself) a recording from within your own PlayBook and let me know how you made out with step-by-step instructions. Please! and Thank you.
  1. record your voicenote. Make a 'note' of the filename, starts with "vn-****" where **** is this year (2012).
  2. Open your email application.
  3. Create a new email
  4. Touch the paper clip on the right to attach
  5. You will see choices of videos, music, documents, etc.
  6. Touch Music
  7. At the top, search for vn-2012 or whatever your file created year might be.
  8. You'll see your voicenote choices, touch one.
  9. at the bottom, touch attach
  10. complete and address your email
  11. Touch the send email icon.
  12. On your PC, receive and download your attachments
  13. well, you get the idea from this point on...
  14. Post a "Thank you, that worked", and your appropirate apology in this thread :smileywink:
  15. Click the Accepted Solution icon on this post.
  16. Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
jagdriver

WOW .. a little touchy are you? You must have missed my thank-you to JSanders. rat-7 and jarviser have offered detail on how to access my PlayBook as if were a standalone external harddrive. I have yet to try this. As I type JSanders has provided step-by-step instructions on how to email the voice Notes recording. I also have yet to try this method. After trying the two answers I will post my findings. Your Forum username might explain your disposition. Respectfully, jagdriver.