Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Voice recordings

[ Edited ]

jagdriver wrote:
WOW .. a little touchy are you? You must have missed my thank-you to JSanders. rat-7 and jarviser have offered detail on how to access my PlayBook as if were a standalone external harddrive. I have yet to try this. As I type JSanders has provided step-by-step instructions on how to email the voice Notes recording. I also have yet to try this method. After trying the two answers I will post my findings. Your Forum username might explain your disposition. Respectfully, jagdriver.

Funny, I thought the same thing about your username "JagDriver" and my immediate thought...

Pompous

Adjective:

1. Affectedly and irritatingly grand, solemn, or self-important: "a pompous **bleep**".
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

jagdriver wrote:
 You must have missed my thank-you to JSanders. rat-7 and jarviser have offered detail on how to access my PlayBook as if were a standalone external harddrive.

I might have missed it.

As a matter of fact, I don't see any thank you to any of those individuals you named. None.

And no likes you've placed on any posts.. a very easy one-click effortless way to thank someone.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jagdriver
My Device: PlayBook

Please people .. allow me the time to execute the help I am truly grateful to receive. When I achieve success I WILL acknowledge those who have solved my issue.

FYI I have just posted a solution to those wondering why photos don't appear in order any longer.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jagdriver

Read .. it's just a '94.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jagdriver

Thank-you .. that indeed did work .. this 71 year old needed the detailed help you provided. i was also successful at using the PlayBook as a stand-alone external harddrive and drag 'n drop the vn-0000012 file onto my desktop.

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
JSanders

You're very welcome.  Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jefferyh
My Device: playbook 16g,32g, 64g, 2-z10's

I have a similar problem.  I took all the advice so far and was still unable to get the voice notes off the playbook to the desktop..

Too big to email and my playbook is having a problem connecting to the desktop and does not show up as an external hard drive. Back up grinds on for ever but then fails right near the end.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Too big to email? How big are your voicenote files?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jefferyh
My Device: playbook 16g,32g, 64g, 2-z10's

I have a few of them but have never tried to take one off the PB. The one I'm trying to send is 61m and I've tried different email addresses to send but none work. I've had a few issues connecting the PB and it can take multiple times to get it connected but even then I can't do anything when I'm Supposedly connected. Thanks for replying, I do appreciate the help you and others do on this site
Please use plain text.
JSanders

On your Playbook, if you have a free Box account, you should be able to share the voicenote file to your DropBox account or copy it there. Then, on your PC, you can download the VN file to your PC from Dropbox.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.