Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

striknine
My Device: Playbook

Volume buttons stopped working

Since updating to 2.0 the volume buttons stopped working. I'm not sure what happened as my playbook has never been dropped or damaged. I keep it in a case that protects it very well. The buttons do not indicate the volume changing when pressed so I have to use the slider in the music app to turn up or down.

Anyone else have or heard of this problem? My playbook is only 2 months old.

Thanks

Regular Contributor
gg99
My Device: playbook 16Gb

Re: Volume buttons stopped working

mine works fine, no problem so far after update.

New Contributor
dymd3z
My Device: BlackBerry Play Book

I just got my PlayBook back from "repair" and my volume buttons don't work, the camera doesn't work, and when I go to pictures it doesn't work either. I don't know what to do, this hard reboot things doesn't work and my warranty has run out about now. But if they send it back and it's still an overpriced paperweight, shouldn't they take it in again and fix it proper? I used to be proud RIM was a Canadian company, now I'm just ashamed...

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Depends on your country's laws, but in any civilised country you would expect the repair itself to have a warranty, ie it should work when you get it home! Send it back if you can. 

My Device: BB Playbook

Try to make a screenshot, by pressing both sound buttons at the same time. Please tell if that works or not.

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

striknine
My Device: Playbook

I sent mine back to RIM. They fixed it and sent it back to me. The whole process took a week and two days.

I since then sold it since I also have a 64gb playbook.