Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
AliWonder
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

WI-FI NO LONGER CONNECTS

Since I had my Playbook 'fixed' NOTHING works; I'm really getting sick of this. Now it refuses to connect to my home Wi-Fi network - i.e. the Wi-Fi router that is sitting 10 centimetres away from the tablet; & I'm putting in the password I set up myself - it just keeps saying 'Authentication timed out' - can anyone tell me WHAT is going on please? I already put the password in once & it connected; now it no longer works. Before this 'repair' job it used to just connect automatically. I really NEED URGENTLY to get this stupid tablet set up before I go away next week. This is really getting vwery frustrating and annoying, can anyone help please?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,848
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: WI-FI NO LONGER CONNECTS

1. On your router, reboot it. Disconnect the in-cable and power cable for a minute and reconnect to reboot the router.

2. On your PlayBook, touch the battery icon > RESTART to allow the PlayBook to restart.

3. Try the WiFi connection again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AliWonder

But the router is working fine - my Mac is connected to the internet via this router! It's the stupid Blackberry that has the problem!

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Well, something is not working fine. We actually know only "that".

And since routers can also deteriorate their wireless signal, I'd recommend rebooting and refreshing it at the same time. And, I've seen THAT resolve the issue too many times for me to count. EVEN when other devices on the WiFi network were connecting absolutely fine.

But it's your choice.

Just the first steps of troubleshooting. If you knew a better way, you wouldn't be asking for advice here, right?

That's my advice.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AliWonder

But everything else works - my Sony mobile connects via this Wi-fi connection - 3 of my friend's lap-tops; my own lap-top - all we do is put in the password; all works perfectly - the problem is with the stupid Blackberry! 

WHERE do I find the IP address? It keeps asking for this; even though the stupid thing has already connected numerous times only needing the password. Grrr - this is really starting to get on my nerves now; WHY did I ever buy this stupid tablet.....

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

You need to at least try the advice offered.  Easiest steps first. Come back after you tried the advice given

So what happened since it last connected?  an OS update by any chance?

Is the router set to wireless n? 

What is asking for IP address? That never happens normally.

AliWonder wrote:

But everything else works - my Sony mobile connects via this Wi-fi connection - 3 of my friend's lap-tops; my own lap-top - all we do is put in the password; all works perfectly - the problem is with the stupid Blackberry!

Well, that could be part of your problem, you "could" have a maximum limit of devices connected to the router as some routers DO have limits and will not notify of you such. You're probably not even counting any other connected devices.. friend's phones/iPads/etc.

AliWonder wrote:

WHERE do I find the IP address? It keeps asking for this; even though the stupid thing has already connected numerous times only needing the password. Grrr - this is really starting to get on my nerves now; WHY did I ever buy this stupid tablet.....

IP Address for what? Your router interface would show ALL of the IP addresses of connected devices.

Please, before you keep going off on the PlayBook, how about following the advice you've been given.

IF and when you come back and say that still didn't work, we've move forward with the more difficult, invasive and time-consuming troubleshooting.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.