Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
aritahj
My Device: playbook

WIFI

Hallo, jus recently got my playbook and i have tried connecting it to a WIFI  at work but it cant connect, i do not have wifi at home so it is really hard to get stuff.but.i decided to wipe it out but am stuck because it cannot detect any network and i really need to use it..please advice.is there i way i can finish the setup without wifi.please advice

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: WIFI

you need wifi to setup, is there a local coffee shop, library around?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
aritahj

tried setting up the office on WEP en its working though it keeps asking me to recconect and put in  the password. its slow on the tab but in my phone the speed is amazing

Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

PLEASE don't use WEP, it is so easily hacked into and it is no longer supported in the standards particularly on wireless-n.

If you are changing the router settings use WPA-Personal/PSK or WPA2-Personal/PSK and with encryption type AES not TKIP and you should be safe secure and connectable. Delete the saved network on Playbook before trying to connect again. 

Thank you.let me try that and i will ge back to you on that.thanks again

Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

[ Edited ]

OK, by the way don't be tempted to use the (WPA+WPA2) option

i have tried en it finished downloading..then when it came to installing..there was an error so i restarted it and i had to start the download all over again.i tried connecting it to my laptop so that i download it using the blackberry desktop software but it dnt have the needed drivers.what do i do
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

what OS is PC on?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
aritahj

windows 07
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

7 makes it easier

go to control panel add remove programs

remove BlackBerry device Communication Components and reboot PC

connect playbook up to it and wait about 5 min to let it self install the newer software