Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
Zildjian71
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 x 2, PlayBook 16g & 64g, Bridged with RROYY.com
My Carrier: ATT

Re: WTF - why are the bridge contacts email calendar not integrated???

Here is a simple article for the uninformed about common cloud services:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/privacy-paranoia-5-companies-think-twice-trusting-154315...

I know this is a deviation to this thread but it is part of this discussion about methods of syncronizing contact/calendar data with the PlayBook.

ThinSTAR
My Device: BB PlayBook
My Carrier: TDC

scottpm wrote:
You make this a bit confusing by using a double negative... You should have simply said "I am not saying that I think your use is invalid" -  actually noticed you used a double negative in the first sentence as well.Stop that!! :smileyhappy:

I will try to do better in the future :smileytongue: My English is not the best I know.

Explain why I can sync my BB Torch with my Outlook PST file on my computer (and not worry about security) and why I cannot sync my Playbook with my Outlook PST file on my computer (and now I have to worry about security?).

Thanks

I was talking about moving emails from the bb phone to the playbook. Do you sync your phone with your outlook by Cable? I did that with my PalmII :smileywink: I'm guessing that feature should be easy to incorporate, might be done in the pc software?

Norwegian and a BB/PB user. Read what I mean, not what I spell.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AA388
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

"Explain why I can sync my BB Torch with my Outlook PST file on my computer (and not worry about security) and why I cannot sync my Playbook with my Outlook PST file on my computer (and now I have to worry about security?)."

Because if my 9800 gets stolen or lost I can remotely lock the phone, wipe the data from it and track it's location, with the PB I can't and that's why even if they integrate all the mail and contact details I will still be using the Bridge to my phone!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jeanskillman
My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: rogers

tried it : does not do what you want
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jeanskillman

I did get my contacts integrated by syncing my computer Mac address book with my gmail address book. Then I added gmail as a new account on the Playbook. Still dont have the calendar integrated though. I do calendar entries on my phone a lot because it is small and easy to carry. I am also very disappointed that I now have another calendar to integrate on my own. Takes a lot of time to do this stuff .
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jeanskillman

After a week of stewing about this issue of nice new calendar/contacts and how they are not integrated with my computer and my phone I am so glad I am not alone in my frustration and time spent.  The gmail contact list tip did work though.  I assume that if I was able to sync my computer calendar with gmail that would work too.  I am going to try that. But WHY?   And where is the the little trash can on the contact list so I can delete entries ?  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scottpm
My Device: zed10
My Carrier: bell

AA388 wrote:
"Explain why I can sync my BB Torch with my Outlook..."

Because... with the PB I can't and that's why even if they integrate all the mail and contact details I will still be using the Bridge to my phone!

hmm.... I am sure the people at RIM have heard about passwords; pretty sure they could implement that security feature.

99% of the people out there are not able to crack passwords... and, given the popularity of the device, I would bet that there are zero programs floating about that would crack the password protection on a playbook.

BTW, this is a distraction from the point of the thread, which was just to rant about there being two contact, calendar and email apps, instead of just one for each program. I am sure, if RIM wanted to spend the money on programming, they could have implemented the bridge as a datasource for the new and much improved calendar, contact and email apps. They chose not to because it cost them less $$ (my guess).

anyone at RIM care to refute?

Please use plain text.