Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
londonpride
My Carrier: orange
Accepted Solution

Watching movies on PlayBook.

Good afternoon,

We are new to PlayBook and fortunately updated both our PlayBook without any problems. 

What we would like to do when next on holiday is watch a movie whilst on the plane. Is there an app. Similar to a movie player whereby we can download a movie and watch the same on the plane? I have checked the web and can find articles relating to YouTube and Internet usage but nothing offline. 

Could anyone please advise if this is possible and if so a solution please? 

Many thanks.

Regards. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,751
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Watching movies on PlayBook.

Mostly, I download a movie or convert from a DVD I own, and transfer to the Playbook.

Here's a good previous thread on the subject.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Playbook-and-movies/m-p/1146453#M8079

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
londonpride

Thank you for your reply. I had read the thread you referred to prior to completing this post, however I didn't feel it assisted me in my plight. 

With regards to the DVD option, I feel this maybe of better use to myself, if I connect my PlayBook to my laptop,  with the required DVD inserted, can I just copy the same across and would I need some item of software to run it please on the PlayBook?

Many Thanks. 

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
londonpride

Thank you for your reply. 

So if I just change the dvd content to mp4 format, and forward it to my PlayBook, I already have blackberry desktop suite on my laptop,  I should be in a position to play the same? I'm somewhat of a novice to computers, but wouldn't. I need some software item on my PlayBook to play the mp4 conversion on?

Many thanks.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
itsfridaynow
My Carrier: Beeline UA

Also you can play MKV files also, but Playbook doesn't play MKV with AC3 audio. With other types of audio stream all is good. 

I was searching a free player that will support that, but I didn't find it yet. Can some skilled to advise REALLY the best video player for Playbook?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
londonpride

Thank you for your inputs, obviously something I will need to experiment with!

Thank you.

Regards.

Please use plain text.