Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
FDenny
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
Accepted Solution

Weather App

Is there any way to switch the weather app for AccuWeather.com to Celsius? I have it so it  shows my location (Saskatoon Sask) but wants to show it in Fahrenheit.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Weather App

[ Edited ]

FDenny wrote:

Is there any way to switch the weather app for AccuWeather.com to Celsius? I have it so it  shows my location (Saskatoon Sask) but wants to show it in Fahrenheit.

I have mine in Celsius. Swipe down from the top bezel and you will see a gear icon on the left, tap that, you will see a C and F slider, choose C. Use the + icon beside it to add more weather locations. Swipe down again from the top bezel to hide the menu.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FDenny
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

who knew.    Thanks, worked like a charm. THANK YOU

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

FDenny wrote:

who knew.    Thanks, worked like a charm. THANK YOU

You are welcome! You'll get used to the gestures on the PlayBook. I mean most times, the top bezel slide is pretty standard, it's the one I try first when I get an app without decent instructions.

The other one to learn is the diagonal swipe from the bottom bezel towards the left bezel (think half of a V shape but flatter). That one usually works to get you back a screen in Android applications. In fact, a pop-up screen will usually come up to show you how to do that.

Left and right swipes from the left and right bezels will let you switch and  multi-task between open applications.

That weather application is a good one and I am sure you'll enjoy it. Bye for now.

Please use plain text.