Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

Web Browser functionality requests / suggestions

[ Edited ]

1. There needs to be either a separate Open Link in *BACKGROUND* Tab Button

... or a option in the web browser's settings to make the current 'Open Link in New Tab' button open links in the background.

-----------------------------------

2. The kinectic scrolling in the web browser seems a little 'off'.

I don't know how to best describe it other than to compare it to the ipad which has a 'smoother' overall experience in its web browser. It seems when flicking with my finger in the playbook web browser, that the resultant scrolling is delayed a bit and then scrolls up/down too fast. Or if I flick a little bit, say with my thumb, the playbook doesn't register this finer gesture the way the ipad does.

3. As others have reported elsewhere, tapping on certain hyperlinks in pages sometimes flat out doesn't work a good portion of the time until you zoom in.

For example I see this occuring on a lot of forum websites Next and previous naviagation hyperlinks: i.e. this one, the 'Next' link at the bottom of reddit.com pages, etc.

4. It would be nice if the layout order of the buttons to the left and right of the address bar (as well as the addition buttons in the swipe down settings menu) were customizable.

For example, I'd like to have the new tab button able to be positioned to the extreme right of the address bar, so I could quickly tap it without having to go through a gesture and physical reaching over with my thumb.

5. This is probably goes against good consistent UI design, but nevertheless it would nice to have an option that would disable the 'swipe from bottom bezel' gesture in the web browser and instead would have you tap a separate onscreen ui button in order to return to the home screen from the web brwoser.

I can't tell you the number of times I've inadvertently triggered the go to home screen gesture while scrolling through websites.

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Web Browser functionality requests / suggestions

Hey adioni,

Welcome to the forums.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your input as we are constantly working on improving our products.

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 64, formerly Tour 9630 now HTC WP8
My Carrier: Bell

I'd like to see a way to categorize and organize favourites, and to shrink the browser icons. The list view is extremely unattractive, and the icon view takes up too much space.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 & PlayBook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

It would be excellent to have site-specific browser emulation.  There are I'm sure several sites that business folks use that require a certain browser to use them.  One specific example, for Realtors, is rex.mlxchange.com

If you go to it with the PlayBook it says that you need IE v6.0 or better.  I know there were options on the handheld software before to emulate IE, so hopefully this will be a feature sometime soon on the PB