Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
jooze
My Device: RIM - 9250
My Carrier: DIGI

When exactly playbook user can download android apps?come on RIM.We need the real date.

Quoted from blackberry site "Discover a whole new world of powerful PlayBook apps built and optimized for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. Plus run many of your favorite apps for BlackBerry smartphones and Android. All PlayBook apps available in BlackBerry App World™."

if RIM have posted this kind of statement,dont you think that it means the android apps already there in App World?funny thing is..i couldnt find any of android apps.what is  RIM try to do here?encourage us to jailbreak our playbook, and follow step by step of unofficial installation of android player or what?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ianken
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: mtnl

Re: When exactly playbook user can download android apps?come on RIM.We need the real date.

yes same here, when would be the android update available?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jimlad
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: i am carrying it duh! ;)

Re: When exactly playbook user can download android apps?come on RIM.We need the real date.

There is a beta of os2, so some people are already using android apps.. i would suggest using google for information on final release, i have read on engadget yesterday that os2 will be revealed at CES.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
CCpotter
My Device: 8900/playbook
My Carrier: CMM

Seems like to be in 2012, march? not sure now...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ianken
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: mtnl

thanks for info, waiting for this important update
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kelberry
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: not applicable

Will this mean we can still use the exisiting Playbook that we just bought or will it be obsolete with the Android app becomes an option?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jooze
My Device: RIM - 9250
My Carrier: DIGI

March?i thought its gonna be early february.**bleep**!i guess i just have to go through the 'how to' step by step process to install android market.cant wait that long!

Once the Android market is available,the app world will not be obselete.So you will have more option on your apss than ever!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

March is just rumor. RIM stated feb, 2012
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jimlad
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: i am carrying it duh! ;)

like i said  they will be unveling it at ces (according to Engadget http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/05/rim-blackberry-playbook-os-2-ces-2012-event/ ),

"the company announcing that it'll be holding "an intimate event" in Las Vegas on January 10th. Topics of conversation? For one, PlayBook OS 2.0 will be on-hand, and given that we'd heard it was delayed until February, one can only hope that it's launch has been accelerated."

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kelberry
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: not applicable

So, maybe something very soon? Cool. Would that mean that we would sign in to the web and the updates would just download to the blackberry playbook, or how does that work? We just got ours and I know nothing about it. Do you think the apps would appear under the same icon or would the Android apps be in a different location? Would these still be apps that are specifically designed for the BlackBerry PlayBook or does this open things up to iPad-type apps? I am just waiting for Skype and Netflix.

thanks for your time

Please use plain text.