Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
jimlad
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: i am carrying it duh! ;)

Re: When exactly playbook user can download android apps?come on RIM.We need the real date.

i would assume the update will arrive just like other os updates do, via your internet connection, i would also guess that android apps will be accessed via the android market but i don't know for sure.
Please use plain text.
ChrisO7777777
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: T Mobile

Re: When exactly playbook user can download android apps?come on RIM.We need the real date.

Hopefully February, RIM previoulsy promised this when delayed initially, so can't see that being put back given adverse publicity when this was announced.

There will be a separate "Blackberry" Android Player which will be used to launch and buy/download Android Apps in addition to the existing Blackberry AppWorld. This will not be via the open "Android Market", but within the Blackberry set up, allowing Blackberry to verify all apps before they are avaialble, and so  they get a cut of the app money.

There is a good YouTube video (sorry at work and can't access link) from Blackberry demoing how it will work - worth a look.

As an Android lover, this is all good news - more apps = good news.

Chris   

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

Disregard previous post, I realized the time stamp, but still shows an erie flipped ipad type look...

though.... a touch sensitive bezle on a smartphone with bbx will be a game changer...go rim go!!!
Please use plain text.