Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
salclu
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

When is Blackberry going to care about the Playbook???

[ Edited ]

I got my Playbook last week and I am already frustrated by the limitations.  First, the apps available are few and the quality of those that are available is less than stellar - and they are all paid!  I could almost over look the lackluster apps if the Playbook worked with websites.  Since there aren't apps, I have tried unsuccessfully to access the content on the Comcast/Xfinity, Showtime, Kindle Cloud Reader and countless others only to see that hundreds of other devices are supported but not Blackberry Playbook.  

Now, I get that not everything is work and be perfect but as I searched for solutions to basic problems (ie. simple Kindle app for Playbook), I kept seeing the same answer from Blackberry/RIM: it's coming "very soon" - but here's the thing, those "answers" were from late 2011 and throughout 2012.  It is now 2013 and the promised "very soon" solutions are still not here!   What does "very soon" mean to Blackberry because other technology is passing you by at lightning speed while you make excuses?    

Blackberry doesn't seem interested in keeping their promises or their customers and they definitely don't seem interested in moving the Playbook forward since it feels like they have given up on it.  

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: When is Blackberry going to care about the Playbook???

[ Edited ]

We own a fair number of PlayBooks (PB). They are great for business and for having high security on then net. There are games, media, and entertainment software for it, but this is not its strong point.

We use our PB devices for some scientific, business, and financial management. A lot of what we do is browser based. It is great for high secure email. It's built in email client by default checks for the user's email provider server's security cirtificate. It will warn the user if the cirtificate is not valid or expired.

The PB can bridge to the BB phone so, it works as if it was part of the phone. With the HDMI adabter we can connect it to a large screen display to give presentations. We found it has excellent quality for its media output.

When buying a PB, it is important to realize that you are getting a very strong business type reliable tablet that can provide a high level of security.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Realy, all apps are paid for?? No there are plenty of free apps in App World!   Filter for them. maybe not a million though.

See also www.goodereader.com for some cool free android apps to sideload, including a great Amazon Kindle reader.  Should they be in App World? Ok yes RIM really should have put them there, but sideloading is not difficult. 

When BB10 comes to playbook I would be surprised not to find Kindle, Skype,  Netfilx and many more.

My Device: Not Specified

I'm just curious if you ever ran into error message 10000 when you tried to purchase an app.  For months i haven't been able to get any on my PlayBook, now last week I'm getting the same message on my phone. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I would call RIM support. It sounds like an issue with your account in their server or with the App software in the tablet. I have no problems to make purchases in App World with any of my devices.
Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jhutch

Thank you for your response. Months ago I dealt with support and sent them info from my Playbook, they stated their aware of the problem and "should" be fixed with next Playbook update. I was surprised when the error appeared on my phone. I was curious, did something change and I have to use a credit card instead of debit? I know it sounds silly, but I can't think of anything else.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

jhutch wrote:

I'm just curious if you ever ran into error message 10000 when you tried to purchase an app.  For months i haven't been able to get any on my PlayBook, now last week I'm getting the same message on my phone. 

This issue can occur due to the following:

Cause 1:
Security measures can be in place to block or prevent on-line purchases with a credit card.

Cause 2:
Incorrect or inaccurate information has been entered into the BlackBerry App World payment system when configuring the payment source.

Resolution

To resolve the error, complete the following:

Resolution 1:
Confirm with your credit card company that there are no restrictions in place that could prevent an on-line purchase.

Resolution 2:
Confirm that the details entered for the payment information matches those on file for the payment type being used. For information on best practices for entering payment details, see KB29239. For information on changing or modifying payment details for BlackBerry App World, see KB23717.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jhutch

Thanks for response. On my phone I deleted and reinstalled App World last night and changed payment type to PayPal. This morning I was able to purchase an app. But I'm still getting error 10000 on my playbook. The strange part to me, is when I press buy now My World screen appears and Angry Birds (which I'm trying to buy) app appears on the top of installed list, likes it going to download and then the error 10000 pops up. Angry Birds go into the uninstalled list (top) with Purchase icon located where the Reinstall icon uselly is. Then if I press Purchase, error message 10000 pops up. Any thoughts?
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

On your PlayBook > AppWorld > MyWorld, swipe down from the top of that screen to see the Payment Options screen, login to your BlackBerryID there and change it there as well.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.