Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
str8chat
My Device: Playbook 64GB
Accepted Solution

Where can I email pre-sales questions?

Every email address I have tried for Blackberry and for RIM come back with a message saying that the email has not been delivered, try another route.

Even the address help@rim.com very annoyingly does this, so I have decided to see if using a forum is a better way of getting a working email address.

I could phone, but that could cost me a fortune in call charges if I get stuck in a queue.

Does Blackberry offer any pre-sales support, or do people just buy and hope for the best?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Where can I email pre-sales questions?

str8chat wrote:

Does Blackberry offer any pre-sales support,

Not by email, none that I know of.

This forum itself is full of very knowledgeable users who can help you (and probably be as accurate or moreso than a BlackBerry/RIM employee :smileywink: )  Just ask.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

we would love to help you out

ask and ye shall get a response

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
str8chat
My Device: Playbook 64GB

Thank you JSanders and Knottyrope for your replies. My questions are as follows:

1. My WiFi home network uses WPA2-PSK security but with a 64 hexadecimal character security key rather than the normal pass phrase. Will the Playbook accept this type of configuration?

2. I have read that Playbook and Smartphone Apps are different. Where can I find a list of Apps specifically for the Playbook? From the Playbook webpage, the Apps link seems to show me Smartphone Apps.

3. Can the Playbook exchange files with a Windows PC without using Blackberry Desktop? If I am visiting friends, they may not want Blackberry Desktop on their PCs.

4. Finally, will the Playbook charge from a PC USB port? Some people say it will and some say it won't.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

str8chat wrote:

Thank you JSanders and Knottyrope for your replies. My questions are as follows:

1. My WiFi home network uses WPA2-PSK security but with a 64 hexadecimal character security key rather than the normal pass phrase. Will the Playbook accept this type of configuration?

I have not tried it yet but I know other that use WPA2-psk

2. I have read that Playbook and Smartphone Apps are different. Where can I find a list of Apps specifically for the Playbook? From the Playbook webpage, the Apps link seems to show me Smartphone Apps.

you can sort by playbook in app world

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/search/PlayBook

3. Can the Playbook exchange files with a Windows PC without using Blackberry Desktop? If I am visiting friends, they may not want Blackberry Desktop on their PCs.

you can enable wifi sharing on the playbook and allow read or read/write permission

4. Finally, will the Playbook charge from a PC USB port? Some people say it will and some say it won't.

Depens on the PC, mine charges fine with it. It will not charge fast though since USB current is limited. there is a charge only  USB cable that can be bought and hear it works well.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V