Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook

Where is OS 10 for EXISTING PlayBooks?

Where can I download BB OS 10 for my Playbook?

And how to install? 

I've had my PB for almost a year (got one for the wife last summer, too). The experience is just not as smooth and effective as what my 87-year-old mother-in-law gets on her iPad.  Surely QNX... er... I mean BB OS 10 would bring the PB experience up to that standard. OS 10 is out.  So where's the download and instructions for updating? 

I'd even pay a reasonable fee for it.  

I'm due for a new phone (got a two-year-old Motorola 8610/Droid  slider running older Android). If I thought I could get a decently upgraded Playbook experience, I would choose a BB10 phone and get my wife one as well.  But if the phone is leaving my tablet behind in the dust, then I might as well just get an Android tablet and new Android 4.x phone... or even go over to the dark side and get apple products. 

My wife is also due for a new phone - she has an older BlackBerry.  She likes the fact that her phone and her PB have Bridge between them, but she still drops the PB in exasperation and picks up her Kobo Vox when she wants to browse and do some other stuff, because the PB is too frustrating.   I mean.... c'mon...   Kobo Vox?   I can see her mother's iPad beating out the PB on some of the smooth-integration look-and-feel stuff, but... a Kobo Vox?   Jeez. 

Properly-working BB OS 10 on EXISTING Playbooks could save this situation and could guarantee BB at least two new superphone sales.  I've read rumo[u]rs, but I've seen nothing definite.  This lame-**bleep** BlackBerry site still gives Z10 pics and info when you click for Q10, so I guess I can't expect anything here.   But some real person, somewhere must know something... 

Kevin in Ottawa  (getting that new-phone itch, for me and my bride) 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Re: Where is OS 10 for EXISTING PlayBooks?

it isnt out for the Playbook yet...wait for it...all instructions etc will be available here when it becomes avail...as to when, your guess is as good as anyone else's

Gene