Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
auntyval
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB

Which way round does the plug go?

Hi. My charging/USB cable plugs will not go into the port on the Tablet.

Which way should they go in? One person told me with the Blackberry logo towards the screen, Another said the opposite, the logo towards the back!

I have been in contact with RIM and as my device is only four months old (and I have plugged in many times without any problems until now) they have agreed for me to send it back for repair. 

PS: Thanks to all who replied to my earlier message.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Re: Which way round does the plug go?

Just a thought... Are you sure you're using the right charger & cable? Not trying to plug a mini-USB cable from another device into the micro-USB port of the PlayBook?

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Contributor
auntyval

Thanks for your response. I'm perfectly sure I'm using the right cable etc! It's been OK since January and even the help desk in PC world are puzzled.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

The plug should fit when the BB logo is facing you. If not, you may have accidentally bent either the plug or the socket. Have a close look with a magnifying glass.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Contributor
auntyval

Thanks for this - just as I thought!
Please use plain text.