Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

FredVenne
My Device: bold

Why BB makes it so easy to hate them!

Why BB makes it so easy to hate them!

The reason why I went with BB is because it is a Canadian Co and I wanted to encourage business from my country. I have bought 3 BB products so far, 2 cell phones and the PB.  With all 3, I have experience problems. My 2 cell phones had to be replaced because the OS was falty. And the first one was still falty, but I have decided to keep it... my own fault.

All 3 always crash for no apparent reason. With my bold, how many times do I have to remove the batterie to restart it, even if I have the app RestartMe.

But enough of the Cell phones. Lets talk about the Playbook.

-How many times do you have to let it die so it will eventually restart when you plug it back?

-How many times App World crash while downloading apps... so you loose all apps in cue?

-How many apps constently crash for no reason? (Well, there's got to be a reason, but I have no idea why)

-Why is the "Power Off" is not working? (Have to hold down the power button in order to turn it off or restart)

-How long BB has been in business and why don't they seem to be able to have a decent OS?

I am waiting for the next OS generation, the 10, (If it ever get to that) and I might give them one more chance. RIght now I hate my Bold and I hate my PB. So many times I feel like going outside with a hammer and a camera and smashing all 3 products and sending 'em to BB and posting the video on Youtube, warning anyone to buy there products and go with an Android.

I am sick and tired of BB AND RIM. In the mean time I will use my PB for little stupid games. Maybe that is why it is called "PLAYbook".

A not happy customer and soon to go with Android!

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: Why BB makes it so easy to hate them!

Fred,
My PB and only RIM product has been great from day 1. I can download and run apps without problems. I can't answer a lot of your questions. To turn on your PB , you have to hold the button down for at least 2 seconds and then wait for it to start. It could take up to 4 minutes to reboot. If you have minor glitches in your PB performance, you can do something similar to a computer with their Control - Alt - Delete. On the PB, you do the three button reset. Hold down the Power Button and both volume buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and then wait 1 minute then hold the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait for the PB to reboot which will be about 4 minutes. To put the PB to standby, tap the Power Button.
I don't understand your question 1 above about letting it die before restarting. Can you be more specific on that one.
New Contributor
daddyof2
My Device: Playbook 32gb

Re: Why BB makes it so easy to hate them!

I also like my BB phone and Playbook as devices are concerned. It's BB's lack of imagination I am concerned with. For example my playbook will tell me I have an incoming. call.but won't allow me to answer it. It has gps capabilities but not any good programs to showcase it. I thought maybe I could putbaway my tomtom but that isn't gonna happen. Maybe a decent Mp3 player. Audio voice commands would be great for handsfree as I have a dashmount. I have drive safely program 4my BB phone. But answering calls in my playbook would be my first choice for improvement. I don't know how many times I have been in a hotel room on a business trip and my phone rings while I'm using my playbook composing an email  or report and my phone rings. Now I have to get up to answer it cause its charging across the room and lose my train of thought. In summary I think. BB has great products that have no support with future development.