Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
DLui64
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Why Can't we delete the weather app that's pre-installed on the PlayBook

Hi,

As I've stated already in the subject box, my question is a very straight forward one: why can't we remove the PlayBook's pre-installed weather app by Accuweather? As a Canadian who has a 32 GB Wi-Fi only PlayBook, I prefer to use the weather app from a Canadian based weather forecasting company called The Weather Network which has developed the WeatherEye application for the PlayBook. As a result, I find no use for the weather app that's pre-installed on the PlayBook and find the Accuweather weather app that's pre-installed to be a waste of space but unfortunately I'm not given an option to remove it. Besides, I think PlayBook owners should be allowed to browse through BlackBerry App World on their PlayBook and download the weather app of their choice instead of pre-installing one that not everybody will want to use like in my situation. So, that being said, does anybody know of a work-around for this?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Why Can't we delete the weather app that's pre-installed on the PlayBook

Unfortunately there is no way to delete this app on the PlayBook, but that said, you can always move it to another panel so that you don't have to see it. I know it's not an ideal alternative, but at least it can be more "out of sight, out of mind."

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.