01-30-2012 01:04 AM
01-30-2012 06:22 PM - edited 01-30-2012 06:24 PM
After speaking with the 90day BB tech support, they told me it was best to reload the OS.
They said my situation was odd, and that they've not heard of this happening. I offered a suggestion of possible downloading of apps pushing others off. Also, I would think there would be an indication of memory full, not allowing the download or capacity check before download.
Well, the new OS is installed and everything seems to be working like new. So, I'm happy for now, but the tech in me want's to know why....
So, here are a few questions for you true developers;
1. Is there a capacity check before loading new apps?
2. Is there a memory indicator that will allow or deny due to size of app? (I know there is a list with the hardware setting, but wondered if there would be a pop-up of some sort, warning "near full capacity, memory low"?)
3. Will the OS push some software if other apps are chosen to be downloaded? ie. "the BB Bridge software"
4. Is there a possibility of corrupt apps, that may have caused this issue?
(All of the apps loaded were directly through appworld, via wifi connection direct to Playbook.)
5. Do any of the apps listed in the OP have known issues?