If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
mofesto
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Re: Why is the tablet so cheap at the moment...I am deciding if its worth buying one Any help would be appreciated

See: http://liliputing.com/2011/09/blackberry-playbook-wont-run-all-android-apps.html

RIM engineers apparently outlined some of the limitations at a recent event in Europe, and it looks like the PlayBook also won’t support apps that:

• Use SIP and SIP VoIP
  • Are built with the Native Development Kit
  • Use Google’s in-app billing service
  • Rely on Android’s text-to-speech service
  • Tie into Google Maps

So in other words, Skype and Google Maps will still be inaccessible in February. Bing is such a useless piece of **bleep**. Now I just want to smash my playbook.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
netflicksandskipe
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: internet

Re: Why is the tablet so cheap at the moment...I am deciding if its worth buying one Any help would be appreciated

i think i have some one coming over tonight to buy mine off of me.....
whoo i thought i was stuck with an oversized palm pilot.....
wish me luck
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

stop hating and learn how to use your device...most of the problems people are having can be easily circumvented. Using you mind to make technology work for you sure beats whining like spoiled brat.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mofesto

phew, just got back from Walmart, they gave me refund. Thank goodness, I thought I would be stuck with that thing forever. I'll use that $224 now toward motorola xoom or samsung galaxy tab. Still can't believe they blocked google maps. Terrible strategy.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sarahmeechan
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: virgin

Hello,

I have just got the playbook, and i love it. You are not forced to use bing, you can use google. There are other apps for chat, There is a page called imo that you can sign into your msn, yahoo etc.

There is a mail app, and a calander app, these were already on my playbook when i got them,

Like everything, there will always be something better out there, its always depends on how much you wanna spend.

And with everything, there will be good and bad points. And something i like, someone else wont

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mofesto

No, can't use Google Maps, purposely blocked by blackberry. So I don't know what you're taking about.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

mofesto wrote:
No, can't use Google Maps, purposely blocked by blackberry. So I don't know what you're taking about.

Google map is not block by RIM, but by Google

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sam81
My Device: PlayBook 32GB, Z10, Bold 9700, Pearl 8110
My Carrier: ATT

So you won't need to be here any longer
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
netflicksandskipe
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: internet

i want netflix and i want skype.
mh (not retyping as my 2year iphone can auto correct) my fault realky for reallh diggi g the hardware(batt life screen res etc) and not doing due dillagence.
how ever after going through the support forums and reading all the bull **bleep** about netflix and android and maybe os 2 coming some time in some future realm this big beta palm pilot can hooefulky be some one elses problem soon.

**bleep** app support, **bleep** support, and **bleep** culture surriunding this beta palm pilot.

sorry abiut the spelling. small keyboard and big hands with no spell check, my ipho e has a spell check st least, and i just detest this device so much, i could give a **bleep**.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

The fact that you type that badly without auto correct makes me think you have about a grade 5 education. This also explains why you had such troubles with the beautifully made playbook.

Good day sir..
Please use plain text.