Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
JoaneL
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
Accepted Solution

Wi-Fi Connectivity Problems

Good day.  This is my first attempt at requesting technical support via this venue so hopefully all goes as well.  I've had my BB Playbook for approx. 2 months and enjoy its features tremendously.  I have never had a problem with my Wi-Fi connection until today.  All other computers, laptops, BB Phones etc in the house are connected to the home network and working well.  My Playbook however is giving me a "Network Unavailable" message saying the configuration has been disabled and to enter the correct password or check the Wi-Fi network settings.  I've done this all settings appear to be correct.  Profile Name and SSID are listed, Hidden SSID is checked, Security Type is WPA2 Personal (I've also tried just the WPA Personal option but no luck), Band Type is set to Dual Band, Automatically Obtain IP Address is checked and Allow inter-access pint handover is checked.  Manual connection attempts are not working.  Network continues to appear as unavailable on my tablet.  Any idea what might be causing this?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Wi-Fi Connectivity Problems

Delete wifi profile on playbook, reboot wifi router set to wpa2 AES,  band type set single for now, don't hide SSID,  and the set wifi on playbook again 

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
JoaneL
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

My PB seems to miraculously be connecting to my network this morning although I haven't made any changes.  Thanks for the info Knotty Rope.  I've noted it and will try your suggestions should the problem reoccur. 

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you might have had a stuck DHCP lease, good to hear its ok now

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V