Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook RDJ21WW
My Carrier: Shaw Cable
Accepted Solution

WiFi reception problem in my own home

PlayBook wifi works perfectly everywhere in the world except my own home.  It worked fine for a year but in the last month it either doesn't connect or it just shuts down without notice.  This does not happen anywhere else. Can spend 3 hours in local coffee house without incident.  No incidents while travelling internationally.  Just my own home. Checked with IP and my modem/ router is fine-  in act I have 2 other wifi items working just fine.  Is there a reset or some adjustment that will help??

Solutions: 6,154
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: WiFi reception problem in my own home

Two things.

1. One, reset your router. On the router, leaving it powered on, remove the power line IN, and the IN cable modem plug. Leave them both out 30 seconds, reinsert both and try to connect.
  2. On your Playbook, go to the WiFi and "Saved Networks". Delete the WiFi profile to your home router. Now, search for WiFi again, it should find your home router and connect.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook RDJ21WW
My Carrier: Shaw Cable

Thank you JS Sanders,  I had thought of that but let it pass because the other 2 devices were working fine  .  However this worked .  Good thoughts your way.

Solutions: 6,154
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You're very welcome.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code