Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Developer
christian185
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Wifi Connected but only stay online for a minute

[ Edited ]

The last update broke my Wifi completely. I have an AVM FritzBox 7390 router, 2.4 and 5 Ghz.

It's possible to see all networks and also to connect to them but it is not doing anything. Sometimes the Wifi icon is going off and on again.

I tried a factory reset. It seems it's restoring to the latest OS (2.0.1). During setup a wifi connnection is mandatory  but there is no chance as the wifi is broken here as well. A couple of months ago I had to do a reset and it was restoring the very first OS (1.0).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
srtdodge05
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

I have the Netgear WNR2000v3 router and I have the same issue. If i connect the playbook to my phone via wifi with the same settings as my router security it works just fine. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jamiej
My Device: BB Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

[ Edited ]

FYI I managed to get my PB connecting the the WNDR3700 with DD-WRT tonight. I had to change my AP to use 'G' only and not G/N (mixed). Also I set the channel to 'Auto' instead of a fixed channel. Now my PB connects and stays connected just fine.

Here's my AP configuration:

And the security settings:

Hope it helps!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hoek53
My Carrier: Virgin

Thanks for sharing.

Confirmed that forcing G only is stable.

On 5ghz band forcing A only is appears to be stable.

I'm using OpenWrt on a wndr3700 v1.

So for me at least it appears N does not work while using OpenWrt.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jamiej
My Device: BB Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Yes it's very unfortunate that a RIM update forces us to downgrade the router from 'N' to 'G' for all wifi devices but "at least it works". It was extremely disappointing to update the PlayBook and no longer have working wifi. Hopefully the 'N' bug will be fixed in a future release.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kass333
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

I have a dlink router, it is barely 3 months old.
I completely restarted and rebuilt my network about 5 times now and nothing I do has resolved this issue.
I feel i need to revise my blackberry wifi settings somehow in order to deactivate the security problems I have that is not letting my PB access my wifi router.
Any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hoek53
My Carrier: Virgin

I'm sure you've already tried removing the wifi settings from "Saved Networks" on the PB and re-adding.

Try using open (no security) on the dlink just to try and get a working baseline then add security settings from there.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

List your router settings such as the ones Jamiej listed above. Also go into the PB settings and list the settings there. This way we can see what settings you have and maybe someone can spot a problem or make a suggestion.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
srtdodge05
My Carrier: Sprint

G mode worked for me, too bad I cant use N but I really cant tell the difference anyway.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

You have to go into the PB settings for Wifi and find the wireless network name, tap the Edit pencil and delete the profile and then reboot. If you don't delete and reboot, the profile may still be present.
If you do this then you should be able to install the new profile. I would strongly suggest that you also delete the network profile name from your computer for the same reason. Also do not use the same network SSID as your previous one because the profile settings that you think you have deleted are lurking in the background waiting to bite you in the butt.
Please use plain text.