Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
cjr32
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800, Playbook

Wifi Streaming?

I can see, stream, and download music in my desktop library via wifi from my BlackBerry Torch, but not from my PlayBook. I need to know how to see, stream, and download music and videos in my desktop library from my BlackBerry PlayBook via wifi. Can anyone help me?

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: Wifi Streaming?

Wi-Fi® Sharing

Complete the following steps to share files over a Wi-Fi connection:
From the BlackBerry PlayBook home screen, select the settings icon.
Select Storage and Sharing.
Toggle Wi-Fi Sharing to ON.
Tap Properties to verify network identification information. (PlayBook name, password etc)
From a Windows® or Mac based computer on the same network as the BlackBerry PlayBook, navigate to the IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook which can be found under Settings > About > Network.
On a Windows computer, open the Run dialog box and type file:\\127.1.1.1 or \\127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
On a Mac computer, select Go -> Connect to Server... and type smb://127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
Once the device is connected to the computer, navigate to the media folder which contains several sub-folders such as documents, music, photos, videos, etc, the BlackBerry PlayBook user can then move files between the computer and these folders.
New Contributor
cjr32
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800, Playbook

This doesn't work for what I want it to do. Maybe the playbook have to be Windows base like my BB torch for that feature to work. Hey, why don't they stop losing market share and convert/make a Windows base table? Because blackberry is not competitive with the apps....

Regular Visitor
velocetteman
My Device: Playbook 64GB

Install ES File explorer.  As well as being an excellent local file browser, this superb free app will allow you to easily access and stream all multimedia files on your home network or even over the internet (eg Dropbox etc.) or via an ftp server.